No Service (Mickey Mouse)
No Service is the first episode of the Mickey Mouse 2013 series.
Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck go on a picnic with Minnie and Daisy at the beach and decide to buy snacks for the girls at the beachside snack shack. However, Goofy denies their order because of the "no shirt and/or no shoes = no service" policy (hence, Mickey doesn't wear a shirt and Donald doesn't wear shoes). Mickey and Donald decide to make one outfit to buy the snacks. Because of this, Mickey is left naked, causing Donald to laugh at him. However, because of Donald's attempt to buy snacks with Mickey's account, Goofy kicks him out, leaving the duck naked in public. Mickey takes his clothes and walks away with the girls, leaving a humiliated Donald to be chased by a laughing mob while Goofy, watching this, laments how "some people ain't got no class".
- It has rather adult-oriented and crude humor for a Mickey Mouse cartoon, like the "hot buns" joke and Mickey being naked throughout most of the episode thanks to Donald. You know, for kids!
- Goofy and Donald are flanderized into being mean-spirited and unlikable in this episode.
- On that topic, Goofy is the most mean-spirited character in this episode, even for this show's particular nature. Especially when you consider which Goofy they end up depicting more.
- Some moments make no sense; for example, Mickey didn't have to give his shorts to Donald, because the sign said "no shirt, no shoes" and nothing about pants.
- Although Goofy denies serving Mickey and Donald for not wearing shirts and shoes, he himself doesn't wear pants, making him a huge hypocrite. In addition, he says he wants a classy establishment but uses the spatula he has to cook for his clients to kill a fly, which is absolutely gross.
- Because of the reasons above, the episode is rather a meh way to start a reboot series of a classic cartoon franchise.
- It still has some funny gags that are worth a laugh, such as Goofy's ironic idea of a "classy establishment" (in which despite his desire of running a "classy establishment", he still acts sloppily by using a spatula to swat a fly and then using the same spatula to cook the food, as well as picking his belly button at the end) and Mickey mocking Donald with his duck disguise from outside the snack shack.
- At least Donald received his comeuppance for all the mean actions he did towards Mickey at the end of this episode by also being naked in public like Mickey.
- The idea of a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" snack shack at the beach is very relatable to audiences since there are beach eateries which had a similar "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy in real life, but is executed poorly.