In the past (1989-2011), Nickelodeon has had some really great sitcoms (also known as Nickcoms), but ever since the debut of Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures in 2011, quality in Nickcoms has gone downhill.
- Most of the time, the laugh track is overused, even during scenes that aren't funny. Henry Danger, The Thundermans, and Side Hustle are probably the worst offenders, as the laugh track plays after almost every line in those shows.
- Most of the panned Nickcoms always air after the good Nickcoms on TeenNick in school days.
- For example: As of the TeenNick schedule today, Monday's schedule is Victorious (at 10:00am-3:30pm); Tuesday's iCarly (at 10:00am-3:30pm); Wednesday's schedule is Zoey 101 (at 10:00am-3:30pm); except for Thursday since they only air one bad show (like Henry Danger from 6:00am-7:30am; 10:00am-11:30am; 2:00pm-3:30pm). Here's a better solution to that, just switch the bad shows from the afternoon to the morning and then change the good sitcoms in the afternoon.
- The writing in the shows usually consist of things such as:
- Poorly executed or terribly done parodies.
- Unfunny puns or jokes.
- Insulting the intelligence of their audience and treating the audience like a bunch of idiots.
- Pure filler padded in whenever needed.
- Jokes that drag on far too long.
- Gross-out humor.
- Obnoxiously annoying humor.
- Mean-spirited moments.
- Childish/nonsensical plots.
- Most of them lack any charm or cleverness compared to the sitcoms from pre-2011.
- Bad and amateurish acting.
- Danger Force and Sam & Cat are good examples of unnecessary spin-offs.
- Some shows, such as Henry Danger and The Thundermans have bad morals such as cheating, lying, bullying, etc.
- Characters usually don't learn from their mistakes. As a result of this, they are considerably bad role models for children to emulate.
- The characters in these sitcoms are either unlikable, one-dimensional, obnoxious, annoying, stereo-typical or cliched.
- The protagonist is the character who has a best friend (or pair of best friends) and multiple girl/boyfriends.
- The dumbass character is self-explanatory and is the well known of the Nickcom stereotypes.
- The smartass character is also self-explanatory and is the opposite of the dumbass.
- The badass character is only female and is only used to promote girl power.
- The forgotten character is the character that’ll appear for a few episodes, and then after that it’ll disappear and he or she will not be even mentioned by the other characters, Gooch from Henry Danger is the biggest example.
- The grumpy neighbor is just there to hate his/her neighbors because.
- Henry Danger has a character played by Frankie Grande, presented as a homosexual stereotype, as they are clearly making fun of gay people when adding in that stereotype not helping the fact that Grande is gay himself in real life.
- In Cousins For Life, there is a stereotypical overprotective father called Lewis.
- In Young Dylan, all of Dylan's family are cliched and stereotypical because it's that show that needs these cliches to happen.
- In The Thundermans, there are stereotypical and mean-spirited Asians in a kids show.
- Most concepts are sometimes based on older reality content but with insignificant changes, making these shows often feel like rip-offs to others or they are proven to be unbelievably predicable.
- Shows like Sam & Cat, Game Shakers, The Other Kingdom, and I Am Frankie (despite being good) either have gotten bad finales or have ended on cliffhangers, which are not good examples to end a show.
- These sitcoms try too hard to be hip, modern, cool, and edgy with kids.
- Putting celebrities as cameo roles doesn't help considering they're added in to have their talents wasted (like in Game Shakers and Cousins For Life).
- Adding in no longer relevant types of memes (like in The Thundermans) are often just there so they just can get a cheap laugh out of their audience.
- Lastly, the amount of social media references were a big mistake. The end results are what make the show ending up looking very dated or bland, cringy, or they are just added there for cheap laughs.
- The special effects in some shows (like Henry Danger, Cousins For Life and Knight Squad) are cheap and mediocre looking. Some higher-budget live-action sitcoms may have better special effects, but that doesn't say much.
- The advertisements sometimes on sitcoms were misleading (like in Cousins For Life) or spoiled the final episode (like in Game Shakers).
- Almost no character development or redemption in some Nickcoms like Henry Danger.
- Some of these Nickcoms air on the Nicktoons channel, mainly Henry Danger and The Thundermans, which makes no sense, as the Nicktoons channel's purpose is to show only animated content.
- These sitcoms do have some good and/or decent episodes.
- Some of these Nickcoms can have creative concepts like Bella and the Bulldogs, but are poorly executed.
- Some modern Nickcoms have a few funny moments and jokes that did work.
- There are occasionally some good or decent sitcoms such as Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn (seasons 1-2), I Am Frankie and All That (2019 revival).
- Some of the Nickcoms do have good acting, but this is in the case of the GOOD Nickcoms in today.
- "The Beginning of the End", "Captain Drex", "The Fate of Danger Part 1 and 2", "Haunted Family", "Biggest. Game. Ever.", "I Love Rock and Roll", "Closing Knight", "The Thunder Games" and "Lasties with Firsties" are good examples how to end the series.
- The theme songs are usually catchy.
- Some of the Nickcoms did improve overtime like Henry Danger and Side Hustle.
- Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures (2011-13)
- Fred: The Show (2012)
- How to Rock (2012)
- Marvin Marvin (2012-13)
- Awesomeness TV (2013-15)
- Sam & Cat (2013-14)
- The Haunted Hathaways (2013-15)
- The Thundermans (2013-18)
- Every Witch Way (2014-15)
- Henry Danger (2014-20)
- Max and Shred (2014-16)
- Bella and the Bulldogs (2015-16)
- Make It Pop (2015-16)
- Talia in The Kitchen (2015)
- Game Shakers (2015-18)
- WITS Academy (2015)
- School of Rock (2016-18)
- The Other Kingdom (2016)
- Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn (Seasons 3-4) (2017-18)
- Knight Squad (2018-19)
- Star Falls (2018)
- Cousins For Life (2019)
- Young Dylan (2020-)
- Danger Force (2020-)
- Side Hustle (2020-)
- House Of Anubis (2011-13)
- Supah Ninjas (2011-13)
- Deadtime Stories (2012-14)
- mh:besttvshows:Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn (Seasons 1-2) (2014-16)
- 100 Things to Do Before High School (2014-16)
- Legendary Dudas (2016)
- Hunter Street (2017-19)
- I Am Frankie (2017-18)
- All That (2019 revival)
- Drama Club (2021-)
Most of these modern Nickcoms have been panned by critics, audiences, and fans of Nickelodeon.
|Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures||3.6/10|
|Fred: The Show||1.7/10|
|How to Rock||5.3/10|
|Sam & Cat||5.7/10|
|The Haunted Hathaways||5.2/10|
|Every Witch Way||5/10|
|Max and Shred||3.9/10|
|Bella and the Bulldogs||5.3/10|
|Make It Pop||4.8/10|
|Talia in the Kitchen||3.3/10|
|School of Rock||4.4/10|
|The Other Kingdom||5.4/10|
|Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn (Seasons 3-4)||5.1/10|
|Cousins For Life||4.6/10|
|Tyler Perry's Young Dylan||2.6/10|