Nick Clásicos/Clássicos Nick
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nick Clásicos (in Latin America)/Clássicos Nick (in Brazil) is a retro-themed block aired on Nickelodeon Latin America and Brazil in February 4-25, 2015 and returned in July 6-27, 2017, in the honor of the 20th anniversary of Nickelodeon in Latin America and Brazil, which aired classic Nickelodeon live-action series and Nicktoons through voting on the Nickelodeon's Latin America/Brazil's website, MundoNick.
Why It Was Never A Classic
- Despite being a Nickelodeon Latin America and Brazil retro-themed block, like Nick Hits, the block's potential was unfortunately wasted to air only one classic Nickelodeon show, through voting on MundoNick's website, instead of being a normal Nickelodeon retro-themed block airing various classic Nickelodeon shows.
- Shows like As Told By Ginger, Rocket Power, Rugrats, CatDog, Back at the Barnyard, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Zoey 101, Clarissa Explains It All, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers and Aaahh! Real Monsters didn't air in the block, due to the block's voting to choose one classic Nickelodeon show and the only ones did air in the block through voting were The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius, Invader Zim, Danny Phantom, Hey Arnold!, Drake & Josh, Big Time Rush, Kenan & Kel and The Wild Thornberrys.
- It lacked other classic Nicktoons in the block like Avatar: The Last Airbender, The X's, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Doug (justified because Disney now owns the rights to the cartoon), My Life as a Teenage Robot and Catscratch, which did disappointed fans of these Nicktoons on Latin America and Brazil, who wanted them in the block.
- Also like with the classic Nicktoons, it lacked other classic Nickelodeon live-action shows like The Amanda Show and Unfabulous.
- Due of the negative reception this block received, especially in the second edition of Nickelodeon's 20th anniversary in Latin America and Brazil in 2017, a third edition was never made as a result.
- The block's brand shown in the block's bumpers and commercials looks very nice.
- Although the block was poorly executed, some of the classic Nickelodeon shows that were shown on the block as The Wild Thornberrys were shown again on Nickelodeon Latin America and Brazil, despite they were only shown for just one day.
- Thankfully, Nickelodeon seems to have learned from their mistakes, and decided to create a channel for Pluto TV called "Nick Clásicos/Nick Clássicos" which airs classic Nickelodeon shows like The Angry Beavers, The Wild Thornberrys, AAAHH! Real Monsters, As Told by Ginger, Kenan and Kel, CatDog, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Rocket Power, ChalkZone (although it airs in Nick Jr.), My Life as a Teenage Robot.
- They also air some late-2000/early 2010 shows, like T.U.F.F. Puppy, Planet Sheen, The Mighty B! and Fanboy & Chum Chum. And even some obscure or short-lived shows, like El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera and The X's.
- They also launched a channel called "Nick Teen" which airs some nickelodeon sitcoms like True Jackson, VP, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and Unfabulous.
- Speaking of Rocko, the show even has their own channel.