My Life Me
My Life Me is a short-lived French-Canadian animated television series created by JC Little, Cindy Filipenko and Svetlana Chmakova, co-directed by Mr. Niko. The show is aimed at a pre-teen audience, and features manga symbols such as sweatdrops, speech bubbles, and super-deformed chibi characters.
The series first aired on the French-language Télétoon on September 19, 2010. It was shown on the English-language channel Teletoon from September 5, 2011 to September 30, 2011.
The show centers around on Birch Small, a 13-year old girl manga and anime fan (otaku) with aspirations of becoming a comic artist, as she tries to survive high school.
- The show tries so hard to be like an anime, but fails horribly due to the exaggeration of known anime/manga iconography. Some good anime-influenced shows that do it properly are Avatar: The Last Airbender, Code Lyoko, Totally Spies!, Wakfu, Kappa Mikey, Boondocks and most of Marathon Media's shows during the pre-Zodiak Kids era, but at least they tried.
- The character designs look like they were ripped from Zwinky and something out of a tutorial book on how to draw the manga/anime style.
- Not to mention they look really uncanny, they move like marionettes.
- Even the faces they make are uncanny as well, like the picture above!
- Many animation errors, the biggest example is Amelia’s hair switching sides.
- The characters are annoying, bland and milk-toasted versions of all the characters from Azumanga Daioh!, Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, 6teen, Stōked, and Total Drama.
- The title of the series sounds like a bad translation done in Google Translate that turns into "Engrish" once the translation process is done.
- The summary of the show says that the characters are 13, when they actually look 15-17.
- Too many teen stereotypes.
- Sandra Le Blanc is a fiery hag.
- Raffi is a hopeless suitor.
- Liam is plain stupid.
- Amelia is an alpha bitch.
- Birch can't decide if she is emo, hipster or otaku.
- Boring and forgettable soundtrack.
- Cheap flash animation.
- Mediocre voice acting, the chibi forms of the characters make it worse since they’re high-pitched, making them sound whiny.
- Unique and creative storyline.
- Has some episodes that are well-structured.
- The theme song is a bit catchy, there’s even a full version on SoundCloud!
- Birch and Mr. Towes are likable characters.
- At least the show deals with some teenage issues.
- It gained a cult following, considering how short-lived the series was.
My Life me got a 3.3/10 rating on IMDb.