Mrs. Cuddles (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Mrs. Cuddles is the 12th episode of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
April and the brothers make Raph face his greatest fear: an adorable kids' TV show rabbit named Mrs. Cuddles. However, things aren't so funny anymore when Mrs. Cuddles suddenly comes to life and begins hunting the Turtle family to feed on their fears.
Why It Sucks
- Just like One Beer, It shows murdering puppets coming to life to kill the characters in a KIDS' SHOW, which should never be shown in a cartoon aimed at children.
- A shameless 11-minute torture episode for the Turtles gang and April O'Neil, but especially Raphael the most.
- From time to time, this episode is far mean-spirited to Raphael because in one scene, Leonardo had to pick a show he loves and Raphael is feeling nervous about seeing it with him, Mikey, Donnie, and April before the rabbit jumped off the TV and scared them away.
- The episode title character's design (despite being adorable as said in the plot) looks so horrendous and very fake looking.
- The show's tone in this episode was changed from being equally dark (as seen in some episodes) to entirely campy with less darkness and a little more light than usual.
- Needless kidnapping scenes like this one right here is a pretty good example.
- The episode's main title character is very unlikeable for jumping off the TV and trying to kill the turtles.
- Leonardo realizes he refuses to change to change the channel into anything but movies or TV shows he likes and his brothers doesn't.
- If Raphael gives a chance to watch a movie or a show that Leonardo loves, then why does he get scared of a character from a cute kids TV show?
- Splinter is not sympathetic to the turtles since there was a scene where he laughed at him for being Raphael's powerful enemy.
- There are disturbing scenes everywhere like the one where when Mrs. Cuddles becomes a giant and she tries to eat Leonardo and Michelangelo. Especially she scares Raphael while he is busy making a sandwich.
- Similar to Retreat, Raphael doesn't think about calling the other three turtles, April O'Neil, and the cops to save them from being murdered by a kids TV show bunny that came to life and jumped off the TV to kill April and the turtles.
- Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey constantly screams, and neither of it is funny.
- If Mrs. Cuddles was trying to kill the turtles and never leave them alone, there was no way for the turtles to avoid her.
- This episode has a laughably stupid dialogue because of poor writing like Michelangelo is almost about to cry very loudly while hugging Leonardo scaredly because a rabbit jumped out of the TV and he tries to get killed along with the rest of the turtles.
- It is unconfirmed that Leonardo was forgiven for the murdering bunny incident he started.
- It teaches a good moral to face your fears.
- The animation and voice acting is still good.
- Like in the actual show itself, the turtles are still likeable as usual.
- At the end, Splinter finally shrunk that scary rabbit into a plush size, which made Raphael cheer himself up when it got killed.
- There are no violent and blood scenes in this episode.
Despite getting a 7.9 on IMDb, it got paired with The Gumbus.