Mr. Pickles is an animated series airing on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block. It debuted in September of 2013 and the series finale aired on November 18th, 2019, thus being replaced by its spinoff, Momma Named me Sheriff.
In the small, old-fashioned world of Old Town, the Goodman family and their innocent 6-year-old son Tommy own a border collie named Mr. Pickles. The two spend their days romping around Old Town, while unbeknownst to Tommy and the family – except for Tommy's grandfather – Mr. Pickles' secret satanic evilness drives him to slip away to kill, mutilate and hump his many victims.
- While the animation is detailed, most of the character designs are incredibly grotesque to look at, especially on the old people.
- Speaking of the animation, there are many animation errors like the idle movement of feet from a cop when exploring a bloody cave in one episode & the frame rate being very choppy, especially for Adult Swim standards (Hell! Dr. Weird had better frame rates animation than this!)
- And speaking of the designs, they're bland and gross to look at.
- The artwork looks like a 2005 Newgrounds flash cartoon.
- The show's appeal focuses on being as edgy, crude, and offensive as possible, like Retarded Animal Babies.
- Mr. Pickles engages in extremely violent behavior and even does blood orgies with other animals and people dead or alive. To make things worse, that combined with the aforementioned grotesque character designs, it's pretty messed up.
- Incredibly horrifying and disturbing episodes, such as "The Cheeseman", "A.D.D.", and "Brain Download."
- The jokes are either very perverted or very stupid.
- The color scheme is hideous since they chose it to be a "very special shade of vomit".
- Some of the music, especially the theme song, can get annoying.
- The voice acting is dull.
- Henry Goodman (The Grandfather) is the only character who knows that Mr. Pickles is evil. Unfortunately, he's the show's Butt-Monkey because nobody believes him, and Mr. Pickles terrorizes him, with most of the time, doing it for fun. And in the Season 3 finale, Mr. Pickles frames Grandpa for murder.
- The show's idea and concept of a family dog that is secretly satanic actually does sounds interesting.
- The deaths and murders are sometimes done in creative ways.
- At least the animation improved compared to the pilot.
- Some good episodes like "Loose Tooth", "Vegans" and The Season 3 Finale.
- The show improved a bit in season 2.
- The season 4 premiere (also the series finale), "The Tree of Flesh" was a very satisfying way to end the series.
- The show did get a better spin off called "Momma Named Me Sheriff", Similar to Comedy Central's Triptank.
- Mr. Pickles at least does care about most of his family, and most of the people he had killed is done as revenge for hurting his owner, Tommy in some way.
- Mr. Pickles' design is also passable and isn't grotesque to look at.
- The intro, while annoying, is somewhat fun and catchy.
- Mentioned before, the animation is well detailed, despite being grotesque.