Meat, Dog's Friends (CatDog)
Meat, Dog's Friends is the 8th episode from season four, and the series finale of CatDog. In this episode, Dog is afraid to eat meat after he realizes that they are from other animals.
Dog finds out that meat comes from animals, which causes him to have a crisis of conscience since his friends are animals.
Why You Can't Meet Dog's Friends Like That
- The special "CatDog and the Great Parent Mystery", was originally a good way to end the show, but unfortunately, the show decided to produce a few more episodes. While most of them were still good, this one is not, being the last episode to air and in production order.
- Dog is very unlikeable in this episode, since he loses his mind after hearing all animals, including his friends, are made of meat.
- Dog attempts to eat Cat (in the Horror black and white version) is kindly disturbing, as not only is Dog trying to be a cannibal, but he tried to eat his own brother, which by the way, would have resulted in his death as well, since they are connected and he would have injured himself beyond repair.
- The fact that this episode shows the death of animals and turned into meat is very scary and disturbing for a kids show.
- The plot with the 3 food spirits helping Dog is basically boring and doesn’t really do much to help Dog sees the error of his ways.
- This episode was a very awful way to end an otherwise amazing Nicktoon of the 1990's.
- Watching Dog trying to cook Cat by shoving his head in the microwave was not only horrifying as mentioned in WYCMDFLT#3 it was also the most sick and twisted scene.
- Mervis serves no purpose to this episode but filler.
- The animation and voice acting is still good as usual.
- Still some funny moments here and there.
- Cat is the only likable character in this episode.
- The ending at least is a bit charming and Dog improves his behavior. This is one of the few cases where a bad finale of a good show has a good, or at least decent, ending, which is nice.