Me at Your Age
Me at Your Age (Moi à ton Age in French) is a French cartoon created by Mathieu Gordou and broadcast on November 24, 2021, on France 4 in the OKOO block.
Paul is 10 years old, goes to school, plays sports, is in love in secret, confuses his parents, and wants to do things himself! Nothing abnormal at his age, except that he has a special gift. As soon as someone pronounces "Me at your age", Paul is propelled to the time when his interlocutor was 10 years old.
- Similar to Nate is Late another show broadcast in the same block, the main problem is that its plot, although decent, is badly executed.
- Although the Flash animation are decent, it's pretty poor, and the graphic style doesn't help.
- The writing is quite mediocre and the plots are always similar to know Paul does something stupid and an adult tells him that he at his age did not do that so that Paul would be teleported to his ancestor's decade. He must help him in order to return to his time.
- Paul, the main character, although sympathetic, is quite petty, especially with his little sister, he is also selfish and wants everything for him.
- Multiple plot holes.
- It's never explained how Paul can travel between dimensions.
- How come his family never mentions that there was a Paul when they were 10?
- How is it possible that Paul's paternal and maternal grandparents already knew each other?
- Similar to Sonic Underground, it has a theme song or explains the whole story.
- Far too many references to "hip and cool", and Paul complains constantly about the decade he is in every time he is in the past.
- Missed Opportunities: The show could have represented multiple decades like the 70s, 90s, or even 2000s, but it only represents the 50s and 80s.