Mario Joins The Circus (SMG4 Bloopers)
Mario joins the Circus is the 31st episode of the sixth season of SMG4.
After burning down Peach's Castle, uhh...a lot of times, Princess Peach has had enough of Mario's usual retardness and kicks him out...who stumbles upon the circus!
Why It Sucks
- The video is very mean spirited towards Mario, he gets kicked out just for burning the castle (despite it happening multiple times, yet he doesn't get punished) and he gets sent to a circus where he gets tortured even more.
- This video managed to make Toad, SMG4, Luigi, and Toast Shy Guy very unlikeable (all of which are much more out of character then usual), for how all of them participate in kicking Mario out of the castle. Even for characters like Toad who dislike Mario, it has never gotten to the point where they take pleasure in Mario's misery. In addition, Princess Peach is arguably at her worst for being the one ordering Mario to be thrown out.
- This video can be considered offensive towards actual Mario fans, and while it is possible for some fans to already be offended by Mario's retarded behavior, this video can get offensive to everyone due to everybody treating Mario badly.
- During the video, Mario gets forced to participate in games that would get people severly injured or even killed in real life.
- A scene where Donkey Kong attacks Mario just for throwing a banana in the wrong way.
- While not too different from more later SMG4 videos, the overabundance of voice clips and GMod can be excessive and unfunny depending on your point of view.
- Mario's circus trip feels way too over the top cruel for a stupid mistake like burning the castle (which as mentioned before, he's regularly done). If anything, the audience doesn't feel sympathy for Mario regretting his mistakes. They instead would feel sorry for Mario having to go through the circus torture.
- The editing here is a lot more inferior, slower, and sloppy compared to the previous episodes, this is mostly because this episode, along with the previous episode Toad has a secret, was entirely edited by Martin Yeung rather than Luke Lerdwichagul himself, mostly due to Luke finishing his exams as well as finishing other videos such as SMG4 MEGA COMPILATION - 5 years of retardedness and SSENMODNAR DELUXE - 1 MILLION SUB SPECIAL.
- Horrible ending: To put it briefly, the aforementioned Shy Guy saves Mario from the circus...only for the Shy Guy to throw Mario into a giant toaster in order to kill him. In fact, many SMG4 fans claim it to be worse than the ending of Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen.
- At least Bob is still likable and funny in this video.
- Some of the mean-spirited scenes can make unintentional comedy.
Despite having more likes than dislikes, the video received extremely negative reviews from a huge chunk of SMG4 fans. Many people compared it to the infamous SML video "Jeffy's Bad Word" due to both episode having SML's and SMG4's incarnations of Mario being tortured for stupid reasons (SMG4 Mario doing an act that he has done before without being punished except in that episode and SML Mario punishing Jeffy), and many fans called it one of SMG4's worst episodes. In fact, this episode is so hated that it was one of the few SMG4 videos to get a "reception" part on the SMG4 wiki.
This is the first SMG4 video to be uploaded in 1080p.