License to Deliver (Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go!)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thomas and Percy play secret agents while delivering a lighthouse bulb to help Percy get over his fear of the dark.
Why It Fails To Deliver
- This is yet another rehash episode that rehashes "The Case of the Puzzling Parts" from Season 22 of the original series (Which was already a weak episode) only Thomas and Percy replace Paxton and Sidney's roles.
- The title very clearly references the James Bond film "License to Kill" including a lot of shoehorned references that the target audience would not understand.
- This episode is responsible for reverting Percy back to his flanderization as he is now a complete coward and is also a complete yes man who goes along with everything Thomas does no matter how stupid or illogical it is.
- The entire episode consists of filler of Thomas and Percy pretending to be secret agents and wasting time rather than getting their light bulb delivery over with.
- The song Secret Agents is extremely pointless and could just be summed up in a conversation.
- James' role is completely pointless in the episode as all he does is say Hello to Thomas and Percy and then leaves.
- Cop out ending: The entire time Thomas and Percy mess around playing secret agents they could've used a spotlight Sandy gave to them to get over Percy's fear of the dark meaning the conflict could've been resolved that easily making this whole episode a complete waste of time.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Percy at least gets over his fear in the end.