Legends of Chamberlain Heights
Legends of Chamberlain Heights is a 2016 animated sitcom that aired on Wednesday nights (during Season 1) right after South Park on Comedy Central. It later aired on Sundays (during Season 2) right after Kevin Hart Presents: The Next Level. The series finale, "Legends of Lock-up", aired on August 20th, 2017, and the show was cancelled after that.
The series is about three high school freshmen who are willing to become basketball stars.
Why It Sucks
- Horrible and incredibly stilted animation that's trying way too hard to be like South Park, but fails, at least MTV’s Good Vibes had better-looking animation than this show.
- It is very stereotypical and racist.
- The show is filled to the brim with African-American stereotypes. A constant stream of criminal and drug references happen throughout the series.
- They also make fun of disabled people in "Cane and Disabled", and the LGBTQ+ community in "Hom-Coming", which is extremely distasteful.
- The episode "Confederate Flags of Our Fathers", has Milk getting raped by a bear.
- The show is filled to the brim with innuendos and gross-out jokes, even for an adult show on Comedy Central. To give you a taste, one terrible scene in particular involves the many people who were suffering the side effects from the party drug "Jamallies" that the main characters created in the series premiere.
- The episode "Chocolate Milk" is considered to be the stereotypical, mean-spirited, and most racist episode of the series.
- The outlines aren't solid, but rather messy.
- Awful voice acting that wasted the talents of Josiah Johnson, Quinn Hawking, and Michael Starrbury.
- The characters have big lips that look like they were stung by a million bees.
- During their first season, the show tries so hard to be like South Park and coincidentally, on Wednesday nights, it aired right after it.
- Horrid character designs.
- It had a decent concept that was wasted on bland characters and ugly animation.
- Good theme song.
- "Legends of Lock-up", was a pretty decent finale.
- The episode "End of Days", which featured Kobe Bryant's helicopter crashing, was censored to remove said scene after Kobe's death in January 2020.