King Star King
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
King Star King is an American adult animated web series created by J.J. Villard for Adult Swim; Eric Kaplan is instead the co-creator for the pilot episode. The series aired on the network's online video streaming service Adult Swim Video on June 15, 2014 before it was aired on TV.
The series revolves around the titular character, King Star King, a tall, blond muscular man. After seducing his love, Princess Snow White, he falls from his higher plane of existence to serve as a fry cook in a run-down waffle house. In order to reclaim his place in the heavens, he must battle his amnesia to defeat the evil Spring Bunny and rescue Snow White.
Why It Sucks
- Ugly and grotesque animation, even for 2014 standards.
- Hideous character designs.
- Awful voice acting, especially King Star King himself.
- Some characters look familiar to characters from other shows, movies or video games.
- To lesser the extent point, Pooza looks eerily similar to Kamek from Super Mario Bros. and Donald Duck or Dolan Duck (a poorly drawn Donald Duck meme).
- Much like Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon", Mega Babies, [[mh:besttvshows:Superjail!}} (Which isn't basically a terrible show but does have its flaws), and George of the Jungle (2007) Season 2, the animation can go from ugly and grotesque to downright disturbing.
- And on that topic, the show tries way too hard to be edgy.
- The protagonist has a bland and repetitive name. Heck, even the title has the protagonist's name too!
- The show used Snow White from the classic fairy-tale as the main character's love interest, proving how lazy the writers are to come up with an original love interest.
- Decent soundtrack and music.
- Though ugly and grotesque, the animation is surprisingly good.
- Titmouse Inc. did the good job by made the animation more fluid then Mirari Films did.
- The voice acting is so bad it can make you laugh.