King Nermal (The Garfield Show)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Terrible Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Not many pointers
King Nermal is the eleventh episode (in the United States; in Europe, it is the thirteenth) of the first season of The Garfield Show.
Nermal lives with Garfield and Odie for ten days because his owner is out of town. When Nermal fakes a leg injury, Jon feels pity for Nermal, making Garfield and Odie do whatever he requests. Garfield and Odie attempt to get rid of him, so they can live normally once again.
Why This 'King' Should Abdicate
- It's an 11-minute torture episode towards both Garfield and Odie.
- Nermal is at his absolute worst in this episode. He is a complete jerk to Garfield and Odie in this episode making him very unlikable.
- He's also ungrateful, as when Garfield gives him cookies and milk, he asks for more, as well as cold milk.
- Jon's idiocy also makes him unlikeable in this episode.
- In a rather mean-spirited moment, he rudely kicks Garfield and Odie outside while it rains. Though mean-spirited events are necessary to add conflict into many forms of storytelling, it was rather poorly executed in this episode, resulting in it being rather painful to watch.
- Instead of getting angry after noticing Nermal's leg is okay, he assumes his leg has gotten better already.
- Adding on to that, Nermal does not get punished for "his" actions.
- Misleading title: Nermal does not actually become king in this episode, he's just treated like luxury and commands Garfield and Odie to do what he wants.
- Terrible ending: Garfield and Odie get injured after falling off the stairs to the point where they have their whole bodies in casts, and are stuck having to deal with Nermal who sadistically taunts them.
- Garfield and Odie are still likable, where the duo does work together and showing great friendship/teamwork.
- Garfield and Odie's plans of attacking Nermal are very funny.
- This episode never aired in Latin America (Spanish dub), but it was dubbed.