Kid vs. Kat
WARNING: Please do not change the headings to Why It Sucks and Redeeming Qualities due to some people liking this show and having a score of 6/10 on IMDb.
Kid vs. Kat is a Canadian animated television series that originally aired on YTV in Canada from October 25, 2008, to June 4, 2011. The series was created and co-directed by Rob Boutilier, developed and produced at Studio B Productions, in association with YTV and Jetix Europe for its first season and Disney XD for its second season. 52 episodes were produced.
Warning: Please do not put anything about it being a rip-off of shows like Invader Zim, The Cramp Twins, Johnny Test, George of The Jungle and The Fairly OddParents as these shows have things that are common in most cartoons.
- One of the main problem with this show is that most of the characters are mostly either bland and/or unlikable (with the exception of Coop).
- Burt, Coop's father, has almost no personality and most of the time, scolds Coop for things he did not do.
- Mr. Kat is an extremely unlikable character, as he blames Coop for his terrible things, and always gets away scot-free.
- Some episodes also tries to make us sympathize with him since Coop often thinks he's trying to take over the world, but due to all the bad things he does, it's actually understandable.
- Millie, Coop’s sister, is an incredibly annoying Mary-Sue, and her screaming is very ear-piercing.
- Old Lady Munson is a very mean neighbor to the Burtonburgers all just because Coop's grandfather fell in love with another girl, she's also very mean to all the other kids in town, except for Millie.
- Phobe is a huge creepy stalker towards Coop and she is also a jerk to anyone who gets in her way.
- Voice acting that ranges from bland to just plain annoying.
- There's a ton of torture scenarios and it's incredibly mean-spirited (thankfully these were toned down in season 2).
- Unsatisfying Ending: In the finale episode, "The Kat Went Back", when things start to go right, Mr. Kat erases all the kids memories about how shady Mr. Kat truly is (except for Coop and Dennis), causing Coop to fight with him again. So basically, this means that the entire show retconned itself in end. Meaning the entire show was all told for NOTHING and Mr. Kat (the antagonist by the way) wins in the end.
- Laughable names, such as "Burtonburger".
- Generic and clichéd writing, even though it improved in the second season.
- Bland and uninspiring character designs with Old Lady Munon's design being the biggest example.
- Poor pacing, as it can feel very slow at times.
- While the animation looks decent, there are a few times when it can look stiff and off-model. It even looks like 2D flash animation in a PS2, original Xbox, and GameCube game.
- Mr. Kat's design is cool.
- Coop, Fiona and Dennis are likable characters.
- The show later improved in season 2.
- Mr. Kat also gets his comeuppance sometimes.
- The theme song is okay to listen to.
- This is one of the few crowdfunding shows on Disney XD along with Phineas and Ferb, Aaron Stone, and Jimmy Two Shoes.
- As of 2020, the series is now available to stream on Pluto TV.
- The series is also available on Tubi TV, but only the second season.