Karate Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Karate Star" is the second segment of the 144th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob teaches Patrick karate, causing mayhem in Bikini Bottom.
- Patrick is a big annoying jerk in this episode, as he destroys a lot of things using his karate action before his hand somehow has a mind of its own, such as a lemonade stand for example.
- The shot of Patrick's lollipop filled with nasty stuff like bandages is gross-out.
- There's one pointless scene where Patrick chops up some hotdogs that don't go anywhere.
- The infamous scene where Patrick uses karate to destroy a lot of items in Barg'N-Mart.
- Bad Ending: Another Patrick regenerated from the original's hand (severed starfish limbs create another starfish), chopped a shopping cart, and the Barg N' Mart store collapsed after the original poorly rebuilds it.
- There is one shocking scene where Patrick attempts to chop an infant. Thankfully, SpongeBob stops him, but still.
- Missed opportunity: Sandy, being the karate extraordinaire that she is, could help out SpongeBob, and yet there's no sign of her anywhere.
- There are a few funny moments here and there, for example, Patrick chopping a police vehicle, letting the criminals escape while ironically vowing "no more karate chops", could earn some laughs.
- Patrick did do a good job karate-chopping a wall of cinderblocks in half.
- Patrick at least starts to show regret about his actions in the final moments (especially when he thought to have killed SpongeBob). Also, he learned his lesson at the end of the episode.
- Patrick telling SpongeBob about his species' growing limbs, in the end, is a hilarious bit of insight into starfish anatomy.
- SpongeBob is likable as he is the voice of reason to Patrick.