Kamen Rider Zi-O
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamen Rider Zi-O (仮面ライダージオウ Kamen Raidā Jiō , Masked Rider Zi-O) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the 20th and final season of the Heisei Rider series and commemorates all of the Rider series to-date.
- This season feels like it was a rehash of the previous anniversary season Kamen Rider Decade, which is also a bad anniversary season.
- There are a few plot holes that don't seem to be explained.
- Most of the characters here are unlikeable.
- The main character Sougo Tokiwa is just a bland protagonist who only wishes to become a demon king, which sounds unrealistic.
- Geiz Myokoin is an uninteresting and inconsistent secondary Rider who doesn't seem to get much character development.
- Tsukuyomi is nothing more than a stereotypical damsel-in-distress at first, and then an arrogant girl stereotype. Her reveal as a Kamen Rider is also underwhelming and not well-executed, not helping the fact that the reveal happened during the season's last two episodes.
- The show's use of a 2-episode MoTW (Monster of The Week) arc, which previous seasons have done better, can get formulaic and repetitive.
- Uninteresting and generic villains.
- A generic plot that is only about a student who wishes to be a demon king that conquers the world in the future.
- Very mediocre acting.
- Geiz and Tsukuyomi's revivals felt flat.
- This season made tribute episodes on terrible Kamen Rider Seasons such as Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Faiz, Kamen Rider Decade, and many more.
- Black Woz/Kamen Rider Woz is the only likable character of this show. Sometimes, Geiz and Sougo could be likeable as well.
- It spawned several internet memes, such as the funny "IWAE!" meme.
- The crossover movie Heisei Generations: FOREVER is good, as well as the Over Quartzer movie.
- Unlike Kamen Rider Decade, this show actually does the anniversary concept right.
- Some Kamen Rider fans might enjoy this show.
- The finale of the show was a great way to end the Heisei Era.
- The next season, Kamen Rider Zero-One would become an overall massive improvement.
- Over Quartzer, the main opening is very nice to listen to.
- Kamen Rider Build was originally going to be the last Heisei season, but due to the date of Naruhito's Coronation being announced, they decided to shoehorn in one more season to get up to 20 seasons.