Kamen Rider Wizard
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamen Rider Wizard (仮面ライダーウィザード Kamen Raidā Uizādo, Masked Rider Wizard) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series, being the fourteenth series in the Heisei period run and the twenty-third overall.
Why It Sucks
- The primary rider Haruto Souma is boring and has a very little personality beyond some meaningless angst and a bland desire to help people and never seems to get any character development whatsoever.
- The 2-episode arc format can be very repetitive and serves as nothing but filler.
- Most of the side characters are either boring and useless or just really annoying with Shunpei being the worst offender due to him only existing to be the comic relief character.
- Kosuke Nitoh, despite being a tolerable character, had a weird obsession with mayonnaise claiming that mayonnaise is the tastiest food. He even teases Haruto by placing mayonnaise on his doughnut. In real life, Some YouTuber named JoshKnightTheFirst made a good example that he tastes Japanese mayonnaise on a doughnut and Giving it a bad opinion. It was disgusting.
- The villains are not interesting or threatening in any way. They don't even convert a single human throughout the entire show.
- The story is very dull and uninspired with twists that feel like they were telegraphed a mile away.
- Speaking of the story it barely has any build-up until the last 4-5 episodes of the entire show.
- Unfunny jokes that easily feel forced.
- And finally, to rub salt into the wound, this show secondly aired alongside with Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger (a decent sentai season.)
- Kosuke Nitoh and Rinko Daimon are likeable characters.
- The theme song is very nice to listen to.
- The finale was decent.
- Haruto was a more likable and overall a much better character in Heisei Generations than he was in Wizard.
- The concept is interesting but was poorly executed.
- Kaba-chan's role as Yu Kamimura makes her the first openly LGBT cast member in the history of the Kamen Rider Series.
- The next season, Kamen Rider Gaim will become a big improvement.
- Some Kamen Rider fans may enjoy it.