Kamen Rider Hibiki (Ep. 30-48)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamen Rider Hibiki (仮面ライダー響鬼 Kamen Raidā Hibiki, Masked Rider Hibiki) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the sixth series in the Heisei period run and the fifteenth series overall.
Why It Sucks
- It barely focuses on Asumu despite him being the main protagonist by starting with 30th Episode.
- The writing and production staff changes was a big impact on the show.
- Asumu's opening narration at the start of every episode was removed.
- The ending sequence was also removed altogether.
- It lacks the charm that the 1st half (Ep. 1-29) of Hibiki seemed to have.
- The new opening is not very good at the beginning of the 34th Episode.
- It introduced unlikable characters such as Kyosuke Kiriya and Shuki.
- Speaking of which, Kyosuke Kiriya is the worst character in the show because he is nothing but an annoying, overly competitive, and mean-spirited jerk who obviously didn't deserve to become an Oni in the finale.
- And then speaking of the finale, it was downright atrocious, it almost seemed that there was more to come but it was cut.
- To make matters worse they rewrote the final episode on the day of filming.
- Asumu and Kyosuke were supposed to become Oni together in the finale, but it was ultimately decided that Asumu would not become one and Asumu's Oni suit was scrapped into parts to "enhance" Kyosuke's Oni suit.
- Some of the characters stay likable throughout the rest of the show, such as Asumu, Hibiki, Ibuki, Todoroki, and Zanki.
- The new opening despite not as good and lively as the first one, is tolerable.
- It's understandable why everything changed due to complaints from parents saying that the show was too scary for children.
- Kyosuke Kiriya reappeared on Kamen Rider Zi-O, where he was much more mature, and overall, a much better character than he was in Hibiki.
- At least none of the characters suffered from flanderization.
- Some fans of Kamen Rider or this season will enjoy watching this show.
- The next season, Kamen Rider Kabuto would become a big improvement.