Kamen Rider Decade
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kamen Rider Decade (仮面ライダーディケイド Kamen Raidā Dikeido, Masked Rider DCD (Decade)) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the 10th of the Heisei Rider series and commemorates all of the Rider series to-date.
Why It Sucks
- The story feels like it barley even exist. Understandably this season was meant to be a celebration of the previous Nine Kamen Rider seasons. How did they do that? By changing their stories of course! Because that's how you celebrate something, by changing it right?
- It has probably the least likeable cast (prior to Kamen Rider Ghost)
- Tsukasa Kadoya/Kamen Rider Decade is a bland and uninteresting protagonist, as he's just an arrogant jerk who has little to no emotion or character development whatsoever, which Troy Burrows, the red Megaforce ranger look like a saint.
- Yusuke Onodera/AR Kuuga is a useless character who serves no purpose other than being the Butt-Monkey of the show.
- Narutaki is a very boring and pointless villain who is not very intimidating or makes any sense.
- Most of the AR Riders have very dull personalities (Ryuki, Faiz, Hibiki, and Kiva are the worst offenders of this) and don't hold a candle to the originals
- Despite it celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Heisei Era, some of the Showa Riders appear too with no explanation.
- The acting isn't very good and doesn't make any sense.
- The cameos of previous characters felt forced.
- Decade's final form, Complete Form, looks absolutely bland and unpleasing to look at.
- It's never explained why Natsumi was having that dream of Decade killing all the Riders or Why the Decade Powers exist.
- The 31st and final episode was nothing else than a cliffhanger for the Movie War between this series and its successor, Kamen Rider W, The ending movie of Kamen Rider Decade that was supposed to happen but It just got cancelled.
- This show was very short, only lasting for 31 episodes, instead of the usual duration of 48 or 49 episodes.
- The characters of the show are also appeared in Kamen Rider x Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen, which is made worsened the negativity of this season.
- Daiki Kaito/Kamen Rider Diend and Natsumi Hikari are the only likeable characters.
- It's nice to see Tetsuo Kurata reprising his role as Kotaro Minami/Kamen Rider Black/Kamen Rider Black RX after almost twenty years, and also, for the first time, being able to appear as both Black and Black RX (Even if they are AR versions of Kotaro).
- Journey through the Decade (theme song) is a great song to listen to.
- The OST is really good.
- The concept of Alternate Worlds is pretty good, even if it was poorly used.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O, a spiritual successor to this show executes the Kamen Rider anniversary season in a good way, despite it's a terrible season and an rehash.
- Tsukasa is also a lot better in Zi-O and Showa Riders vs Heisei Riders.
- It had crossovers with the well-received Samurai Sentai Shinkenger and Kamen Rider W.
- It spawned the funny "Onore Decade!!!" meme.
- Some Kamen Rider fans might enjoy this show.
- The next season, Kamen Rider W will become an overall massive improvement over this one.