Kamen Rider Amazons (2016)
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
Kamen Rider Amazons (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Kamen Raidā Amazonzu) is a web-only Kamen Rider series based on the 1974 TV series Kamen Rider Amazon and is a part of Toei Company's Super Hero YearIcon-crosswiki (スーパーヒーローイヤー Sūpā Hīrō Iyā) project. The first season premiered on the Japanese version of Amazon Prime on April 1, 2016 and the second season premiered on April 7, 2017. The catchphrase for season 1 is "Open Your Amazons". For season 2, the catchphrase is "Who are you?" (おまえは谁だ？ Omae wa dare da?)
The series' first season was later internationally distributed via Amazon Prime under the title Amazon Riders. The second season debuted worldwide on Amazon Prime in the fall of 2018.
Its story concluded in the theatrical film Kamen Rider Amazons: The Last Judgement, which premiered in spring 2018.
Why It Sucks
- Possibly the Least likeable character in the show with Chihiro/Kamen Rider Amazon Neo has to be the Worst Offender mainly due to him being annoying and having a crush on Iyu Hoshino/Crow Amazon which she is just literally a corpse and that can be consider necrophilia.
- Uncharacteristic acting.
- WAY too dark with the story and the plot.
- The show completely fails to be realistic.
- Fails to build up any suspense or mystery, ruining the story as a result.
- Similar to Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue, It had wasted potential; the premise of a genetically-engineered Kamen Rider is interesting. However, it was poorly executed in this series.
- Some poorly written episodes.
- It had 26 episodes (including Season 2), Both seasons would end up having 52 episodes.
- There is no "Henshin" in some of the episodes.
- In Season 2, A pointless cameo from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, despite being from a good season.
- Abysmal production values. For example: by the following Kamen Rider 1 movie, Amazon is now fully reborn in a modern, darker style that makes it not for children anymore, because this series' genre is "horror". which is a stupid idea.
- This show is made up for adults only. Despite Kamen Rider being a franchise for kids.
- It ruined the 1974 original TV Series of Kamen Rider Amazon.
- And finally, to rub more salt into the wound, the first season aired concurrently with the infamously godawful Kamen Rider Ghost (Ep. 25-50 for Kamen Rider Ghost).
- Some of fans of Kamen Rider and the Tokusatsu franchise are willing to enjoy watching it.
- The suits are brilliant.
- There are some likable characters such as Jin Takayama/Amazon Alpha.
- Both theme songs are great.
- One of the first Kamen Rider Series to get a wide release for Western audiences.
- The second season aired alongside Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, a good Kamen Rider season.