Kamen Rider Amazon
Kamen Rider Amazon (仮面ライダーアマゾン Kamen Raidā Amazon, "Masked Rider Amazon" in English) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama and the fourth installment of the Kamen Rider Series. Debuting as the forth entry of the Showa Era, the series aired from October 19, 1974 to March 29, 1975 on NET and the Mainichi Broadcasting System.
- The plot is mediocre and almost non-existent, and there are some instances that the show will tend to forget about it.
- While he isn't near as the worst protagonist in the franchise, Daisuke Yamamoto/Kamen Rider Amazon is rather a bland protagonist and his only memorable trait is being friendly.
- The fight scenes aren't that well-choreographed, while they aren't terrible it's not really that engaging and usually it tends to be rather boring at times, and at times it could really more on hammy dialogue than the action itself.
- Zero to little character development as the show progresses.
- The theme song isn't that great and is somewhat forgettable, it does have some really catchy bits only to be swallowed within some mediocrity.
- The aesthetics of this show hasn't aged that well, while they aren't necessarily the worst provided by the franchise, it's not that great in terms of what is being provided to this day.
- We were never given a proper explanation, why Daisuke's voice suddenly shifts when he transformed into Amazon, it's rather pointless considering in future appearances, this aspect would be dropped in favor of his natural voice, so it was really unnecessary for that aspect to even exist.
- This was considered as the shortest rider season to be created, only to last for 24 episodes in total.
- Mogura/Mole Beastman is one of the few likeable characters in the show, and his death was slightly heartbreaking to watch.
- The suit for Amazon is quite revolutionary for the rider franchise, and is truly a unique suit and the zig-zag pattern is quite decent to look at.
- It was one of the few rider seasons, to break the return of the previous showa rider trope, which is a nice breath of air.
- It's spin-off Kamen Rider Amazons (2016) (Despite being a bit more brutal and NSFW), is a slight improvement.
<comments voting="Plus" />