Kamen Rider 555
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Kamen Rider Faiz (仮面ライダー５５５［ファイズ］ Kamen Raidā Faizu, Kamen Rider 555, Masked Rider Φ's, Phi's, or 555) is a Japanese tokusatsu television series. It is the 13th installment in the Kamen Rider Series. It is a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei, and was broadcast on TV Asahi from January 26, 2003, to January 18, 2004.
- The show's main problem is that a lot of the drama tends to come from the characters constantly misunderstanding each other with no actual build up, and just refusing to talk it out.
- Masato Kusaka/Kamen Rider Kaixa is an unlikeable jerk, due to his hate towards Takumi Inui/Kamen Rider Faiz, as well only caring about himself, and could also be considered as the worst secondary rider to exist in the franchise's history.
- Shuji Mihara/Kamen Rider Delta is the show's most forgettable character, and had no development within the series' progression, his only purpose was just so the Delta Gear could have it's prominent owner.
- The belts are constantly getting stolen or passed around from one user to another, which gets tiring and repetitive really fast. The latter is not that bad of an idea on paper, but it's execution was very bad.
- There are some bad episodes such as the 30th episode .
- It takes it self waaaay to seriously to the point it feels more like a edge lord fanfic.
- And when it tries to provide some moments of comedy, it's rather forced due to the show's more serious nature.
- Most of the characters were not that likable or had very few interesting qualities.
- The story is all over the place and it barely contributes anything to the show.
- A lot of things in the show tend to happen with little to no explanation such as what are Smart Brain's motives besides creating more Orphnochs? or what's the story behind Lucky Clover?.
- Speaking of which, The Orphnochs themselves weren't that great either outside of design and brutality. Yuka Osada/Crane Orphnoch and Naoya Kaido/Snake Orphnoch were pretty unlikable and uninteresting, with the Orphnoch King being one of the worst final villains in the franchise.
- Speaking of Yuka she isn't really that memorable outside of being the show's cliched bullied girl who is shunned by her close friends and relatives.
- The Orphnoch King was never mentioned until the season finale.
- The finale for the show feels rather rushed and boring especially the final battle between Faiz and the Orphnoch King.
- Don't ask about the Novel...
- There are some likable characters such as Takumi Inu/Kamen Rider Faiz,Yuji Kiba/Horse Orphnoch, Keitaro Kikuchi and Kitazaki/Dragon Orphnoch.
- The fighting scenes are awesome.
- Making a belt to had various users was a creative idea then, though it wasn't executed well.
- Some people may enjoy it despite its flaws, while most of the Asian audiences love the show.
- The suit designs and the transformation belt, Faizgear, are very amazing to look at. In fact, it has the best-selling toys of the franchise.
- Kiba, Yuka and Kaido's backstories are really sad.
- It aired alongside with Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger, A Good Super Sentai Season.
- Its summer movie, mainly Kamen Rider Faiz/555: Paradise Lost, is actually pretty decent and is a improvement of the the series itself.
- Alongside with it's Hyper Battle Video special..
- The theme song and insert songs are nice to listen to, especially the opening theme which is excellent.
- The next season, Kamen Rider Blade will become a big improvement.
- Masato Kusaka reappeared in Kamen Rider Zi-O, and he was much better than he was in Faiz (555).