Jonas (TV Series)
Jonas (also known as Jonas L.A. for the second season), is a Disney Channel Original Series created by Michael Curtis and Roger S. H. Schulman, starring the Jonas Brothers. The pilot was filmed in September 2008, the series premiered on Disney Channel on May 2, 2009, and became available on demand starting on April 25, 2009.
The show follows the Jonas Brothers through fun and unusual situations as they try to live ordinary lives.
- Lazy acting.
- It uses a lot of friend conflict.
- Most of the show doesn’t feel like a musical show at all as most of the singers stay at their house or in their school making unfunny jokes.
- The series doesn't feel any necessary to exist when the movie Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience was received very poorly because of the film feeling like a 2D documentary rather than a 3D documentary.
- It’s bland and boring.
- John Ducey's character, Tom Lucas has been removed from the show in season 2 without any explanation.
- The episode "Home Not Alone" is a pointless parody and a big insult to Home Alone.
- Wasted the talents of Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas, and Joe Jonas.
- False advertising for two reasons:
- The Jonas Brothers are holding a guitar surfboard in the soundtrack cover while in the show, none of them actually go surfing.
- Joe is not wearing glasses in the soundtrack cover whereas in the show, he is actually wearing glasses in season 2.
- Misleading title: While this show is being called "Jonas", Kevin, Nick, and Joe mostly have "Lucas" on their last names for their characters.
- The theme song (while still catchy)’s line, "LIVE TO PARTY, BUST YOUR MOVE!" is ear-piercing.
- The second season was rushed way too fast because it only aired for 3 months and lasted for 13 episodes.
- Some of the characters annoy each other because they won’t ever learn how to shut up.
- The show is nothing but to cash in on pop music.
- From season 2, it is now considered a drama show instead being a comedy family show.
- The theme song (despite being ear-bleeding) is somewhat catchy. To add to this, some of the songs are still good.
- The ending of the final episode was sad and heartwarming.
- With that said, the final episode, "Band of Brothers", was a good way to end the show.
- Macy Misa and Stella Malone are very well likeable characters.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- The view and backgrounds shown at the beginning of each episode is amazing to look at.
- No laugh track, in spite of being made by It's A Laugh Productions.
It received mixed to negative reviews for its premiere. Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly called the show "The Monkees for millennials" and enjoyed the featured Jonas Brothers music. Variety magazine reviewer Brian Lowry believed that Jonas Brothers' adorers would be pleased with the result, and that those who are not fans would still find an amiable charm within the series.
Jonas currently has a 4.6/10 on IMDb.
- Shortly after the Jonas Brothers guest starred on the Hannah Montana episode "Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas", development for a TV series and Disney Channel Original Movie called Camp Rock starring the Jonas Brothers began.
- The Jonas Brothers sang the theme song for the second season of American Dragon: Jake Long.
- Frankie Jonas is the little brother of The Jonas Brothers, who he is famous for his role as Sosuke in Ponyo. He is friends with Noah Cyrus (the little sister of Miley Cyrus) during production.
- In 2017, Nick Jonas played Alex and Seaplane in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and it’s sequel Jumanji: The Next Level. He even sang Home for the soundtrack of the Blue Sky Studios movie Ferdinand.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas is the wife of Nick Jonas, who she’s famous for her roles as Ishani in Disney’s Planes, Isabella in Isn’t It Romantic, Victoria Leeds in Baywatch (2017), Alex Parrish in the ABC show Quantico, one of the narrators in the HBO Max series A World of Calm, etc.
- Sophie Jonas is the wife of Joe Jonas, who she’s famous for playing Sansa Stark in the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones.
- The Jonas Brothers sang The Kids of the Future for the soundtrack of the 2007 animated Disney movie Meet the Robinsons.
- Danielle Jonas is the wife of Kevin Jonas, who they’re famous for their roles in "Married To Jonas".
- It is the first Disney Channel Original Series since Phil of the Future not to be shot on videotape in a multi-camera format, be filmed before a live studio audience, or use a laugh track. The series was the first on the network to premiere on a Saturday night, part of a deliberate strategy by Disney to open up the night to original programming.
- As of between 2014 and 2016, Nick Jonas is famous for his songs such as "Chains", "Jealous", and "Close" featuring Tove Lo in the music video release and featuring Demi Lovato in the Honda Civic Tour.
- Joe Jonas, the actor who played Joe Lucas, spoke up with Sony Pictures Animation in 2017, stating that he will play The Kraken in Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation since he was fired from Disney Channel along with Nick and Kevin a long time ago. He also sang I See Love with Jonas Blue for the movie’s soundtrack, which got released in 2018.
- As of November 12, 2019, the series started to be available to stream on Disney+ as one of the launch titles on the streaming service.