𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚! 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗡𝗦𝗙𝗪!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Michael John Kricfalusi (born September 9, 1955), better known as John K., is a Canadian animator and voice actor. He is best known as the creator of the Nickelodeon animated television series BTSW. After he was exposed to sexual harassment in 2018, revelations of his behavior soon followed.
Why He Sucks Now
- He impenitently sexually harassed and groomed little girls.
- He treated his co-workers and colleagues very badly, including famous voice actor Billy West, writer, director, and co-creator of Ren & Stimpy Bob Camp, and background artist, William Wray. Imagine how he would treat his own fans like this. Plus, his behavior towards the three of them is why he's difficult to work with.
- He wrote a hate review because back in the 1990s, he (under the pseudonym of Tom Paine, animator and historian) made fun of Steven Spielberg by ripping on and slandering Spielberg's creation called BTSW on the Wild Cartoon Kingdom magazine by calling it "a godawful piece of trash" and goes on to say "a true moron fashion, this cartoon is obviously written by scriptwriters who can't draw. More old jokes have done badly... pies in the face... seltzer bottles... long outdated bits from vaudeville --- this is the absolute worst of animation. It just makes you sick". It should be noted that he "reviewed" Animaniacs without even watching it first and that his creation Ren and Stimpy actually used just as much crude humor as Animaniacs, if not more than Animaniacs.
- He purposefully insulted and wrongfully criticized Tress MacNeille by saying that her voices are embarrassing to hear and that he likes to see the experience to the point of wanting to watch her own dad get beaten up by a neighbor. He never apologized for that either, showing that he seemingly takes violence and abuse on other people as a joke.
- He coined the "CalArts art style" meme, where every type of cartoon looks the same. It's a terrible meme, to begin with (since a lot of cartoon creators of shows with the supposed style didn't even go to CalArts), but John used it to diss GMW, which has been regarded as to be one of the most unique art-styles in animation.
- He had a dispute with BTSW creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker over Mr. Hankey, a living turd who John claimed was a rip-off of his character Nutty, which was obviously a pointless and nonsensical dispute due to the nature of Stone and Parker's character.
- He overuses way too much shock humor in all of his shows, going as far as making an adult revival of Ren and Stimpy which received universal disdain and backlash from fans and critics and is known to be one of the worst cartoons ever made, not just the worst cartoon revivals ever made, though to be fair, it was mainly Spike’s idea, not his. This actually killed any chance of Ren and Stimpy ever getting another revival until 2020.
- His art style for all of his characters (save for Ren and Stimpy), in the 21st century, is often ugly and disturbing at times.
- The female characters that he drew in skimpy clothing were underage.
- The infamous Cans Without Labels Kickstarter campaign that was a complete mess, and its production took way too long being left in the works for 7 whole years from 2012-2019 in the 2010s. The short itself wound up being a complete trainwreck.
- On his so-called apology for the allegations on Facebook in May 2018, he hypocritically blamed his bipolar disorder for the damage done, but it shows he never takes criticism or responsibility.
- He has a very unhealthy obsession with cartoons from the 1960s and earlier.
- His hatred of Disney is so high, he's willing to make propaganda out of pure spite, but yet he even hasn't realized that Toy Story as an example is made in the hands of GMW with Disney, showing another case of hypocrisy.
- He acts like a nostalgia-tard by thinking that all modern-day corporations are "evil" and only care about money rather than children, which isn’t true. They are not all evil, greedy or selfish, and they sure as hell are not corrupted about money either.
- He says things that make no sense, too. One time, he compared GMW to BTSW, which both of these have absolutely nothing in common.
- He also made The New Adventures of Beany and Cecil with weird, disturbing, gross-out humor that ruined the show back in the late 1980s.
- He did make BTSW, which is a great show and was also one of the very first Nicktoons on Nickelodeon. Without it, nothing would be the same.
- He did apologize for making the adult revival of The Ren and Stimpy Show, Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon", which is one of the only rare times he's ever felt remorseful and has said he was sorry for something he was responsible of, even if that was Spike’s idea.
- He's still a good voice actor, especially when he voices Ren.
- He still did good work from time to time:
- Helped do the animation work for the 2006 music video for “Weird Al” Yankovic's "Close, But No Cigar".
- He worked on BTSW for two couch gags as a guest animator in 2011 and 2015.
- He also did the first web series, The Goddamn George Liquor Program, in 1997.
- He did a commentary on his favorite BTSW short, 1946's "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery", which was one of the couple times he was polite.
- He used to be an actually nice person who actually cared about others during the early days of his career.
- He does respect and enjoy good modern stuff such as Calvin and Hobbes, BTSW, BTSW, The Simpsons, BTSW, BTSW, BTSW, Fritz the Cat, BTSW, GMW, the GMW films, as well as a few other stuff.
- He also respects Lauren Faust’s work on BTSW and BTSW.
- He did stop bashing modern-day films and animation made by current-day creators and stopped bullying them on his blog and now John K only talks about his work as well as stuff he likes and grew up with later on John K. Stuff.
- He still shows respect to his mentor Ralph Bakshi, though Bakshi himself wasn't happy with his behavior. Even promoting Bakshi's "Last days on Coney Island" kickstarter campaign on his blog site.
- He did send respect to Chris Reccardi, when he sadly died on May 2, 2019 and also send condolences to Chris Reccardi's widow, Lynne Naylor and their family, as well making a tribute post about Chris Reccardi on his blog.
- His father is Ukrainian, while his mother is Scottish.
- He considered Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" his best work when it came to animating. However, even he wasn't happy by how it turned out, and he later regretted it.
- He was very good friends with Danny Antonucci (the creator of behind Cartoon Network series BTSW).