Jerry the Bellybutton Elf (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Jerry the Bellybutton Elf is the 11th episode of season 3 of The Ren & Stimpy Show.
When Stimpy ventures into the inside of his belly button, he meets Jerry, the Bellybutton Elf (voiced by Gilbert Gottfried) at which he dislikes "Lint Loaf". Meanwhile, Ren (not too upset that Stimpy is stuck in his belly button since he's still alive) throws a party, inviting his old friends from Seasons 1-2, including his cousin Sven, who only appeared in one last episode.
- This is a very gross episode, with Stimpy's belly button world, Jerry the Bellybutton Elf, and some other scenes being not fun to watch.
- The very gross-out concept looks extremely, utterly, 100% unappealing.
- Many of the characters are unlikeable in this episode.
- Ren because he threw a party when Stimpy was gone, and Stimpy because he kept playing with his bellybutton and went to bellybutton world.
- Jerry is a gross and unlikeable character, as he lured Stimpy into the bellybutton world, and he gets even uglier when he turns into the beastly porkchop king Adonis, fueled by anger, and then proceeds to eat Ren (as an extra topping) and Stimpy.
- The title card looks disturbing, featuring Jerry popping out of Stimpy's belly button. See the image above.
- The infamous close-up of Adonis' very UGLY face (with his very dirty fangs) is far too disgusting for a kids' TV show.
- The "Climb Inside My World" sequence is rather nightmare-inducing because of how surreal the concept of it is.
- The scene where Stimpy climbs inside his belly button can be extremely frightening for a kids' TV show.
- Jerry's high-pitched voice is rather painful to listen to.
- At first, Ren's friends went over to his house to check on Stimpy's belly button to see if he was ok, then it turns into a party, which is bad.
- Abusive ending: Ren and Stimpy badly get eaten alive, and then Mimby eats Stimpy's belly button, killing both of them.
- It had some good moments, like Ren crying over Stimpy's "death" and Jerry's reaction over "lint loaf."
- The house party scene is pretty good, despite this.
- At least Adonis got his comeuppance via getting eaten at the end.
- This is Jerry/Adonis' only appearance and he never appeared again after this episode.
- A very nice reference to The Flintstones.
- The next episode shows Ren and Stimpy still alive, so you could say this episode isn't canon to the series.
- The animation (despite all of the gross-out imagery) and voice acting are still good.
- Gilbert Gottfried as Adonis sounds very nice, as he sounded like Iago from Disney's Aladdin franchise.
- The "Climb Inside" song is rocking and decent despite the disturbing imagery of the scene it plays in.
- When everyone is leaving the party, someone is heard saying "Come on, Barney, let's blow this pop stand" which was a reference to The Flintstones.
- At the beginning of the episode, Ren reads a magazine instead of a newspaper.
- Ren and Stimpy affectionately referring to each other as 'pal' and 'buddy' before being eaten by Jerry is a callback to the episode The Big Shot where the pair say it to each other after being reunited.
- This is one of the few episodes to include a song, that being "Climb Inside."
- The Ghost from Haunted House appears in both his human form and in his ghost form as if they were different people.