Jacob Joseph "Jake" Paul (born January 17, 1997) is an American actor and YouTube personality who became popular through the now-defunct mobile app Vine. Though he is well known for playing the character Dirk on the Disney Channel show Bizaardvark (along with his brother Logan Paul in one episode), he is most well known for his YouTube channel, which despite it having a large fanbase, is often held in low esteem by most people. He hosts MTV's Ridiculousness special called Bustedness along with his ex-girlfriend Tana Mongeau. He previously lived in Calabasas, California, having moved out in December 2020.
Why He Sucks
- He uses clickbait to get views, which is quite obvious, due to the thumbnails and titles he uses on his videos.
- He's a public nuisance, due to him and his partners, Team 10 doing illegal things, which he often claims are "pranks", which consist of him destroying his own house for "fun".
- When it comes to music, he cannot sing, even though he makes a whole lot of awful music. Because of this, he used auto-tune in one of his songs.
- His rhymes are very simple and are cheap.
- All his songs have the same flow and lyrics.
- He plugs his merchandise in most of his songs.
- He makes horrible diss tracks and songs. He even made a diss track about his own brother, Logan Paul.
- Some of his music videos contain inappropriate content.
- He has a bad habit of putting fake VEVO watermarks on his videos just to attract VEVO fans. In fact, the thumbnail for his "23" music video contains the 2013-2016 VEVO logo, easily exposing his trickery. However, in some of his music videos, the VEVO watermarks are now replaced by "music video" watermarks.
- His song, "It's Everyday Bro" was panned because of its incredibly stupid lyrics and poor rapping.
- He is a rude, nasty, bad-mannered, annoying, immature, and selfish man who is extremely egotistical. Here are a few examples that show how nasty he is:
- He abused his group Team 10 to the point that many of the members left due to how badly Jake treated them, he caused Team 10 to be a smaller group because of his behaviour towards his group.
- His bullying of the Martinez Twins in every video of his so-called "running gag" easily took the straw when he was at the West Hollywood home, as the twins later left Team 10.
- He once bullied a kid in the fifth grade and even his own brother. The Martinez Twins cited Jake's bullying as the primary reason they left Team 10.
- He has been called an abuser by people who know him, due to his ex-girlfriend and popular social media star Alissa Violet accusing him of cheating on her with other females openly. Not only that, he ignored and belittled her and also manipulated her into doing what he wanted.
- As seen in a few videos, he heavily ignores or disrespects his own fans. Another YouTuber, Infinite, made a video about the situation.
- According to himself, he makes memes (which are infamous) out of the people he wins against/who refuse to fight with him in boxing matches. This goes to show that he evilly uses comedy and that his main intention was to humiliate the person.
- He is a hypocrite.
- In one of his videos, he says that it's not right to be a bully and that people should stop doing it in the comments towards him, but as noted above, he bullied a kid in fifth grade, Team 10, and even his brother.
- He and his brother made fun of PewDiePie for losing his Disney contract, but only Jake lost his contract shortly after that.
- He cannot take any form of criticism:
- In his remix of "It's Everyday Bro", Paul doesn't just flip lines but also attacks his critics.
- His infamous quote "Dab on them haters".
- Not only that, he flips lines but also attacks his critics and the music video for "23" where he assaults one of his "haters".
- When a report criticized his statements on COVID-19, he told the reporter "you're arrogant. You're very arrogant", "you want clickbait," and "I've never even heard of you."
- He makes a lot of awful diss-tracks and songs. One of which was about his own brother, Logan Paul.
- He faked beef with his brother for clout.
- Envy: Paul grabbed and shoved fellow Team 10 member Tessa Brooks after he loses a challenge video against her and her boyfriend Chance. You can even see Jake stare at Tessa angrily as he and his girlfriend Ericka are walking by them. This incident caused Paul a lot of backlashes and some even calling him "disgusting."
- He and RiceGum promoted a gambling site called Mystery Brand to their fanbases which mostly consist of children.
- When his brother Logan Paul made a vlog mocking a dead body at the Aokigahara forest in Japan, he did nothing to prevent Logan Paul from uploading the vlog.
- He is similar to his brother, and like him, he constantly promotes his merch, makes horrible content, and entices 13 year-olds with his stunts.
- Aside from making awful songs and acting extremely immature, he is famous for absolutely no other reason at all other than being a douche.
- He's incredibly racist, homophobic, and xenophobic. He has a habit of using slurs to insult his haters in many different instances.
- He once called the Martinez Twins "Marteaner", a portmanteau of the Martinez Twins and the slur "beaner", a derogatory term for Hispanic and Spanish people,
- For another example, the freestyle rap he did in 2018, and in December 2012 where he insulted a Twitter user.
- He also called KSI a "Scooby-Doo ass motherfucker".
- When he called out KSI one time, he also called out JJ by calling him things like "A fat dude with man titties in England.", alongside usual insults such as "dumb" and "fuckin' idiot".
- During a McDonald's prank, he said to a Kazakh fan who’s vlogging him: “It sounds like you’re about blow someone up.”
- When Paul offered Conor McGregor, Paul offered $50M for a fight (in a YouTube video), he ended up deciding to insult McGregor and went as far as to call him an "Irish cunt".
- While looting with his friends, He pointed the finger against the black protesters in Los Angeles.
- Speaking of KSI, Jake absolutely rips off the former in almost everything he does (most notably his music/boxing career).
- Greed: He constantly shows off all of his wealth in numerous videos, and he also has a reputation for flexing expensive products. He brags a lot to his viewers, and he gets a lot of controversy because of that.
- Like his own brother, his videos contain a LOT of profane, sexual, and violent content, and yet he targets them towards kids without censoring the content. That is no joking matter.
- Even his fanbase is made up of kids themselves, They mostly defend him, and they turn out to be as dumb as Jake Paul, according to an article called "Jake Paul: Meet the teens and parents who love the YouTube star".
- And on that note, as with FGTeeV's fanbase, they will cuss and swear at haters in the comment section and on social media.
- He lied about the demographics on Twitter that his channel ranges from 18-24 years old despite having a fanbase full of kids while goes around and saying that Lil Wayne was his role model.
- Like Logan Paul, he made videos containing profane, sexual, and violent content despite this channel aimed at children without much censoring. That is no joking matter.
- And the worst part is that YouTube doesn't even bother to age-restrict them. His video "rated r" has an ending where the viewers can see Jake Paul's bare buttocks without flagging or censoring it! (thankfully this video was flagged and not the next video where it features a Riley Reid striptease)
- He is one of the friends with a notorious Las Vegas pimp named Arman Izadi, who was arrested in 2013 for assaulting a prostitute.
- He often tries to manipulate and scam his fanbase. One example is when he launched a ridiculously expensive subscription service called "Financial Freedom Movement" that offers tips on how to become successful, but all of these "tips" turned out to be generic and useless ones people would normally find on the internet for free.
- During protests in the wake of George Floyd's death on May 25, 2020, he was seen looting with his friends at a Scottsdale, Arizona fashion mall during the Black Lives Matter protest. He stole a bottle of vodka from P.F. Chang's and later shattered it inside the mall, breaking a display car window, and looting into the Sephora store through broken glass for a free cologne.
- He was later charged for this a week later on June 4, 2020. Heck, he was so bad that even his older brother Logan called him out on the looting!
- In July 2020, he threw a house party in California despite the rise of COVID-19 cases, which caused a massive backlash, especially from the mayor of Calabasas, California. This causes other influencers such as Tanner Fox to be tested positive for COVID-19.
- Not helping is that he later spread lies about the pandemic in November 2020, saying that COVID was a hoax and that the measures against COVID in the US should end, as well as stating that COVID wasn't dangerous than the flu. This caused him to face backlash from individuals and various media outlets.
- His house (along with his friend Arman Izadi) was raided by the FBI on August 6, 2020, and numerous firearms that were connected with the Scottdale protest that he attended were seized.
- His boxing career is horrible, he somehow managed to get on boxing ring against Deji (with the matches themselves being part of the two Logan Paul vs KSI boxing events). At the time of writing, he only scored three professional boxing wins (he also fought with FIFA YouTuber AnEsonGib and retired NBA/MMA players Nate Robinson and Ben Askren respectively); but lately, he went far enough to call out Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor to fight with him.
- Pride: Not helping is that whenever anyone whom he has called out refuses to fight with him, he simply says that they're "scared" of him. It is even alleged that he hired someone to fly a plane with a notice saying that McGregor was scared of him.
- In July 2020, he pulled a rather insensitive and nasty prank on Ryan Garcia by pretending to be horribly injured after the Body Shot challenge and even told the paramedic that it was all a joke.
- He was accused of sexual assault by TikTok personality Justine Paradise and by model and actress Railey Lollie.
- He and his friends threw toilet paper and water balloons at MMA fighter Dillon Danis as he was in the middle of an interview before driving off.
- Some of his beats are decent or pretty good. (e.x. : Champion and It's Everyday Bro) (despite Jake and Team 10 wasting it on It's Everyday Bro).
- His latest songs "Fresh Outta London" and “23” aren’t too bad.
- He posted on Instagram about Juice WRLD's death and said "this is truly heartbreaking what the fuck rest in paradise legend."
- Just like his older brother, Logan, he was a little funny and popular on Vine.
Due to the problems that were shown above, Jake Paul and his content have received extremely negative reviews, and some people even claim that his presence is starting to kill YouTube at this point, due to him only making videos simply for the money and the fame he will get by making these kinds of videos.