I'm with Stupid (SpongeBob SquarePants)
"I'm with Stupid" is the thirty-seventh episode of the second season of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob pretends to be stupid to make Patrick look smart in front of his parents.
- It is unfairly cruel towards SpongeBob, like Patrick, Janet, and Marty all think that he is stupid and treat him as so. Not helping is that it is revealed that Janet and Marty aren't Patrick's parents, so it turns out SpongeBob was tortured for nothing.
- Patrick is at his absolute worst in this episode in terms of pre-movie era, as he treats SpongeBob horribly and ignores him when the latter is trying to convince him that he isn't truly stupid.
- Granted, Patrick is not the brightest character around, but even he isn't that dumb to never realize SpongeBob's idea in the first place.
- It is also hypocritical that Patrick dislikes being treated like an idiot by his parents (he is dimwitted, however, but that isn't the point), only to treat SpongeBob the same way his parents did to him.
- For some reason, Janet and Marty are aware of where Patrick lives and who he is, even though they never actually had a son.
- The pacing isn't very good.
- Patrick never gets his comeuppance for his actions towards SpongeBob, and yet he is the one who gets the good ending.
- Both Janet and Marty are no better for being very annoying characters, with their laughs becoming stale quickly with Janet's laugh being the most annoying.
- The idea of SpongeBob trying to act dumb for Patrick's parents was a great idea of an episode, but it was sadly ruined by Patrick's behavior.
- Plot Hole: In the scene where SpongeBob has had enough of Patrick, Janeth and Marty, when he comes out of Patrick's house through the wall and makes a hole in the wall, why is the sky behind the hole, when the house of Patrick is underground?.
- There were no problems in the beginning and it starts off pretty decently.
- SpongeBob and Squidward are still likable.
- SpongeBob biting Patrick in the finger was very satisfying to see and it actually made it as his down special in Nickelodeon All Star Brawl.
- The nice ending where Patrick finds his real parents is heartwarming, but that still doesn't excuse Patrick from his actions.
- Some funny jokes and lines:
- The note and letter is one of the greatest visual gags in the entire series.
- The way that Patrick laughs after his parents reacted to SpongeBob's house is funny.
- "Janet?! Marty?! Who are you people?!"
- "Marty, I'm scared!"
- "Oh, that's right, honey! We don't have a son!
This episode received a mixed response from fans. Some fans, such as PieGuyRulz, loved the episode for its jokes, while others, such as the Mysterious Mr. Enter, disliked it for Patrick's obnoxious behavior.
Mr. Enter ranked this episode as the ninth worst "Patrick's a Prick" episode.