Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャー, Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā) is Toei's twenty-fifth production of the Super Sentai metaseries airing in 2001 and celebrated the franchise's 25th anniversary. Footage from this show was used in the 2002 American series Power Rangers Wild Force and was later dubbed in 2010 as the retitled Power Rangers: Jungle Force for South Korean television in place of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, possibly due to cultural reasons. In Japan, Gaoranger aired alongside Kamen Rider Agito.
One thousand years ago, a war raged between humans and the demonic Org race. With the help of the Power Animals, the ancient Gao Warriors were able to defeat the Org's leader, Hyakkimaru, and seal the Orgs.
Today, the Orgs have begun to revive, and five warriors have been chosen by the Power Animals. They must abandon their current lives and become the new generation of Gaorangers to protect the life of Earth.
Why It Sucks
- This season felt like same thing as Gingaman with the animal motif.
- The concept was never utilize properly making it not fresh and unique, at all.
- Similar to Power Rangers Operation Overdrive and Power Rangers (Super) Megaforce, this show tries to celebrate the series' 25th anniversary and fails miserably.
- Possibly the least likable Rangers team in the franchise's history (at least, before Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger), with Kai Samezu/GaoBlue and Sotaro Ushigome/GaoBlack being the worst due to their constantly making bad jokes and being annoying, and Kakeru Shishi/GaoRed's (despite being a good character) arrogant attitude making him almost as bad.
- Similar to Princess Shayla, Princess Tetomu is one of the worst Super Sentai mentors ever. She was an immature mentor with an annoying voice.
- Awful and rude acting.
- Overuse of kalishplosions during the fight scenes.
- The villains are way too goofy and too lighthearted for the series.
- It has a too light-hearted spirit compared to other Super Sentai seasons.
- Useless and Cheesy cartoon sound effects.
- Some amount episodes are poorly written.
- Tons of boring and pointless scenarios. Some of them are even cringe-inducing.
- Awful theme song that could scare children.
- They never teamed up with BTSW.
- The 25th anniversary team-up episode, "Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai" was a huge let-down, barely showing the past and present Super Sentai teams interacting at all,
- The finale was underwhelming and ended on a cliffhanger that would never be resolved.
- The toy sales were terrible.
- A CGW based on this season was poorly-received.
- Four words: The infamous 31st episode.
- And finally, to rub salt to the wound, it aired alongside Kamen Rider Agito, a terrible excuse for the anniversary season for the Tokusatsu franchise!
- There are some likable/tolerable characters, such as Kakeru Shishi/GaoRed, Gaku Washio/GaoYellow, Tsukumaro Ogami/GaoSilver and Duke Org Rouki.
- The Megazords look pretty cool.
- The Ogre tribe had intimidating villains.
- Its adaptation, BTSW fixed a lot of problems that Gaoranger had.
- It aired alongside BTSW, a good Power Rangers season.
- Some action scenes are pretty cool.
- The theme song, despite how scary it is, It was pretty decent.
- The ending song is passable.
- The suit designs are great.
- It's not as bad as Seijuu Sentai Gingaman or Chouriki Sentai Ohranger.
- The return of the veteran rangers in "Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai", despite the team-up being terrible, it was great to see them again.
- The next BTSW BTSW BTSW executes the Super Sentai anniversary season in a great way.
- The next season, BTSW will become an big improvement.