How to Rock
How to Rock is a short-lived American teen sitcom that aired on Nickelodeon from February to December of 2012.
Kacey Simon is a once-popular "mean girl" who has fallen out of favor with the "in" crowd, known as the Perfs, after she starts wearing eyeglasses and braces. After her fallout with the Perfs, Kacey forges unlikely friendships with members of the band Gravity 5 and becomes the group's lead singer, bringing the band's musical success to new heights. Kacey also begins a musical rivalry between Gravity 5 and the Perfs, including her former best friends Molly and Grace. In addition to her new musical endeavor, Kacey navigates through high school social circles and learns how to rock her "real" self.
- The plot is very terrible and cliched.
- Unfunny jokes and bland, cliche, and boring characters.
- A generic, milk-toast storyline.
- Annoying and insufferable acting.
- It teaches kids that if you wear braces and/or glasses, you're ugly, which is a horrible message to teach to kids, especially to those who are self-conscious about their looks.
- Kacey was kicked out of the popular girls for wearing braces and glasses, but she doesn't even wear them most of the time, especially in the promotional material (look at the picture, Kacey is the one at the far right. She isn't wearing any braces or glasses)
- For a show that's called "How to Rock" they don't play any rock music at all but rather modern generic teen-pop, leading to false advertising!
- It is a disgrace to the book that the show was based on, How to Rock Braces and Glasses.
- Good theme song.
- Big Time Rush made a guest appearance in one of the episodes.
- Kevin, Nelson, Zander and Stevie are all likeable characters.
- Some of the songs are decent.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- Despite it getting cancelled after one season, the show did have a big fanbase.
- There a few tolerable episodes.
How to Rock received generally negative reviews from critics and audiences alike. It received a 5.3/10 on IMDb.