How to Rock
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Terrible Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Generic pointers
How to Rock is a short-lived American teen sitcom that aired on Nickelodeon from February to December of 2012.
How To Rock A Plot
Kacey Simon is a once-popular "mean girl" who has fallen out of favor with the "in" crowd, known as the Perfs, after she starts wearing eyeglasses and braces. After her fallout with the Perfs, Kacey forges unlikely friendships with members of the band Gravity 5 and becomes the group's lead singer, bringing the band's musical success to new heights. Kacey also begins a musical rivalry between Gravity 5 and the Perfs, including her former best friends Molly and Grace. In addition to her new musical endeavor, Kacey navigates through high school social circles and learns how to rock her "real" self.
Why It Will Never Rock Ever
- The plot is very terrible and cliched.
- Unfunny jokes and bland, cliche, and boring characters.
- A generic, milk-toast storyline.
- Annoying and insufferable acting.
- It teaches kids that if you wear braces and/or glasses, you're ugly, which is a horrible message to teach to kids, especially to those who are self-conscious about their looks.
- Kacey was kicked out of the popular girls for wearing braces and glasses, but she doesn't even wear them most of the time, especially in the promotional material (look at the picture, Kacey is the one at the far right. She isn't wearing any braces or glasses)
- False advertising and Misleading Title: For a show that's called How to Rock they don't play any rock music at all, but rather modern teen-pop.
- It is a disgrace to the book that the show was based on, How to Rock Braces and Glasses.
- The Show didn't last to long which many fans we're really disappointed. And it could've improve over time if given the chance similar to Henry Danger.
- Good theme song.
- Big Time Rush made a guest appearance in the episode How To Rock an Election.
- Cee Lo Green also made a guest appearance in the episode How To Rock Cee Lo.
- Also Cymphonique Miller's brother Romeo Miller also made a guest appearance in the episode How To Rock High School Sensation.
- Kevin, Nelson, Zander and Stevie are all likeable characters.
- Some actors did give a pretty good performace most notably by Lulu Antariksa, Chris O'Neal, Samantha Boscarino
- Even though there isn't any rock music many of the songs are good like Move With The Crowd, Hey Now, Last One Standing, Me Myself and I, Go With Gravity, All About Tonight, and Only You Can Be You.
- It is nice to see the characters perform their songs.
- Some funny moments here and there.
- It was filmed from a live studio audience that get genuine laughs.
- There are a few tolerable episodes, such as (the ones listed have a 9/10 or higher rating on IMDb)
- How to Rock a Singing Telegram
- How to Rock a Good Deed
- How to Rock Camping (the highest rated episode on IMDb with 9.1/10)
- How to Rock Christmas (which ended the series on an ok note).
How To Rock Reception
How to Rock received generally negative reviews from critics and audiences alike. It received a 5.1/10 on IMDb. Surprisingly enough, the show did have a big fanbase, with a lot of fans wanting more seasons of the show.
How To Rock Videos