Horrible Histories (2001)
Note: This is not to be confused with the live action show of the same name.
"Horrible Histories" is an American animated children's television series based on the 'book series of the same name by Terry Deary. The series ran for 26 episodes and two seasons between January 1, 2001 and March 26, 2002 and was originally broadcasted on ABC in the Australia, despite the animated show is American, the "Horrible Histories" book series is originated from the UK.
The series is based around the adventures of Stitch and Mo, two everyday kids who are transported to various historical eras with the help of a time portal. In each episode, their historical adventures help teach them a lesson or solve a problem in their everyday lives, often involving bully Darren Dongle. Animated sidebars explain the historical details, and clarify popular misconceptions.
Why It Sucks
- Awful animation that feels like a poor man's South Park and Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- In the show, when characters touch something or move one of their body parts, they make random sound effects, distracting viewers. Sound familiar?
- The intro repeats the words "Horrible Histories" about five times.
- Stitch and Mo overuse the words "DUN DUN DUN!", which is very annoying.
- In the episode, "Rotten Romans", blood, bones, and other body parts of animals can be seen... in a kids show.
- It is very unfaithful nor disgraceful to the books it is based off.
- In the episode, "Perilous Plague", Stitch moons on court twice, and there were offensive Chinese stereotypes.
- The UK dub did not do well and had some historical inaccuracies, for example, in One episode, the narrator states at one point that George Washington died in 1793. However, the original version from the United States correctly said that George Washington died in 1799.
- Unlikeable characters.
- It is very educational despite the bad qualities above.
- The Live-Action adaptation is more superior than this one.