Horn Sweet Horn (The Powerpuff Girls (2016))
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Horn, Sweet Horn is the fifth episode of season one of The Powerpuff Girls (2016) and revolves around a pony named Donnie's attempts to become a unicorn, which end up going horribly wrong.
Why It Sucks
- The topic about the episode, gender identity, ended up backfiring and offended many people in the transgender community, causing another controversy similar to that of "Painbow".
- To make things worse, this episode aired during the fallout from the North Carolina "Bathroom Bill" controversy.
- As a matter of fact, the episode wasn't even intended to have a transgender message, but the higher-ups at Cartoon Network examined the episode and thought that a trans message could come out of it so the show could appear woke.
- Also the episode was written by the same person who wrote and storyboarded the episode "Painbow", Julia Vickerman, who is an actual pedophile.
- Donnie agrees to becoming a unicorn without even caring about what negative consequences might happen.
- Bubbles is unlikable in the episode, as she has a temper tantrum because the Professor says that the transformation might be dangerous.
- They take the Mayor's pickle obsession WAY too far, as they have a pickle museum, which is just weird.
- Lots of continuity and animation errors, like the Professor's boards suddenly being blank in one scene to being filled in the next scene.
- The more the episode gets, Donnie's monster form gets even more uglier, to the point where it looks out of place for a kids show.