Hive-Five (Rocket Monkeys)
Hive-Five is the 22th episode of Season 3, and the 100th episode of Rocket Monkeys
Wally declares himself as the "Queen Bee" after he hides the space bees in the monkeys' ship. Gus criticizes the bees that Wally used just because for smuggling the illegal bee zone.
Why It Buzzes Off
- The plot is cliche as Wally declares himself as the Queen Bee until the real "Queen Bee" arrives.
- Eating honey could lead people to health code violations thanks to it being sugary and sweet.
- This episode is a complete rehash of the Teen Titans Go!' episodes "Two Bumblebees and a Wasp" and "Hot Salad Water":
- In the former's case, both plots involving the characters being obsesses with bees (Wally and Beast Boy) as well as the scene where at least one room contains beehive rooms.
- In the latter's case, both episodes involve the characters (Robin and Wally) fighting the Queen (Queen Elizabeth from TTG and Queen Bee from Rocket Monkeys.
- Likewise, this episode is also a rehash of the Mr. Bean episode, "A Royal Makeover", with both episodes involving a royal makeover in at least one room with the characters (Mrs. Wicket, Yay-OK, and Gus) criticizing the room, though the former praises the room.
- The flashback is mean-spirited, first, Wally is shown smuggling violent weapons and carrying a pet monster (e.g. bombs) and second, he is meeting up with bees (who disguised themselves as Gus) while he was disguising with honey.
- Misleading Title Card: Gus and Wally are shown wearing bee costumes in the title card, but in the episode, they do not wear these costumes.
- Misleading Title: The title is a reference to high-five, but this episode doesn't feature this at all.
- This episode is also a Gus and Yay-OK torture episode as they get attacked by bees.
- Wally farting at the bees and the Queen Bee is a gross way to defeat them.
- Horrible ending: After the bees are gone, Gus became the ruler of the cows, much to Yay-OK's shock.
- Yay-OK, as usual, is the only likable character in this episode.
- Yay-OK being a host in the game show is very creative and the only scene which is good.
- The opening of this episode is good (albeit only a short amount of time) until Gus gets very mad at Wally for squirting honey.