Hikari Sentai Maskman
Hikari Sentai Maskman (光戦隊マスクマン, Hikari Sentai Masukuman, translated into English as Light Squadron Maskman) is the 11th entry of Toei's Super Sentai Series. It aired on TV Asahi from February 28, 1987 to February 20, 1988, with a total of 51 episodes.
- Possibly the least likable Rangers team in the franchise's history (at least, before Turboranger, Fiveman, Ohranger, Gingaman, Gaoranger, and Kyoryuger to Ninninger) with Kenta/Black Mask's arrogant attitude making him almost as bad.
- The plot barely feels like it exists and very cheap.
- Mediocre acting and Martial Arts are weren't that very good at all,
- Lazy writing, for example, The creators also had loop editing where the footage to go back and forth.
- Ryo Asuka becomes X1 Mask (Green Ranger) for nothing in 39th Episode and appears out of nowhere as X1 Mask.
- It has stolen a lot of elements from other franchises such as Karate Kid,
- The conflict was rushed.
- They never get to team-up with Liveman and Flashman.
- There are some likable characters such as Akira/Blue Mask and Haruka/Yellow Mask
- Some Tokusatsu fans and Super Sentai might enjoy this despite its flaws.
- The Finale was decent at it's best.
- Gosei Sentai Dairanger, a spiritual successor to this show fixes most of the problems that Maskman had.
- Catchy theme song.
- Awesome OST.
- The fight scenes are cool.
- The next season, Choujuu Sentai Liveman will become a massive improvement.
- This show was popular in the Philippines and Japan.