Heil Honey I'm Home!
Heil Honey I'm Home! was a 1990s British sitcom program which features fictional versions of Adolf Hitler and his wife, Eva Braun. The first episode of the show was so controversial that it was cancelled after airing only one episode. It is widely considered by many to be one of the worst TV shows ever made.
The pilot that aired on TV featured Adolf Hitler and his wife Eva Braun living in an apartment somewhere in Berlin next door to their Jewish neighbors Arny and Rosa Goldenstein, whom they hate and want to get rid of. They are preparing to meet with British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain over tensions of Nazi Germany threatening to swallow up Czechoslovakia through the 1938 Munich Agreement. Arny and Rosa also accidentally get involved in their meeting but, in the end, the meeting succeeds with Hitler signing the agreement and Neville Chamberlain leaves his apartment in peace, with Adolf and Eva cuddling each other over their fond memories with one and another.
Warum es nicht zu Hause ist (Why It's Not Home)
- The concept of the show itself is very offensive to Jewish people, Holocaust survivors, and victims of the Holocaust in general. It prides itself to the point they would take Hitler being the main character of his show as a joke.
- The acting isn't very great, neither is the casting choice. One example is on the actor who plays Adolf Hitler, who sounds more like he comes from Brooklyn rather than Austria.
- The jokes are offensive, especially among Jewish people, Germans, Holocaust survivors, and Holocaust victims (see WIS #1)
- The animation in the intro is mediocre at best.
- Repetitive and annoying theme song that just repeats the show's title over and over again, similar to The Nutshack's theme song, which also repeats its title over again, like if the creator(s) ran out of ideas which lyrics add to the theme song.
The Only Redeeming Quality
Heil Honey I'm Home! has received negative reviews from critics and audiences alike, it has a 4.9/10 on IMDb, with a 2.5/10 on Letterboxd.
- The show was canceled after the pilot aired, likely due to the offensive nature of the show.
- PhantomStrider ranked this at number 10 on his video, "Top 10 Worst Sitcoms of All Time".