Heil Honey I'm Home!
Heil Honey I'm Home! is a 1990's British sitcom program which features fictional versions of Adolf Hitler and his wife, Eva Braun. It was cancelled after only one episode. It's considered by many to be one of the worst TV shows ever made.
The pilot that aired on TV featured Adolf Hitler and his wife Eva Braun living in an apartment somewhere in Berlin next door to their Jewish neighbors Arny and Rosa Goldenstein, whom they hate and want to get rid of. They are preparing to meet with British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain over tensions of Nazi Germany threatening to swallow up Czechslovakia through the 1938 Munich Agreement. Arny and Rosa also accidentally get involved in their meeting but in the end, the meeting succeeds with Hitler signing the agreement and Neville Chamberlain leaves his apartment in peace, with Adolf and Eva cuddling each other over their fond memories with one and another.
Why It Sucks
- The concept of the show itself is very offensive to Jewish people, Holocaust survivors, and victims of the Holocaust in general. It prides itself to the point they would take Hitler being the main character of his own show as a joke.
- The actor portraying Hitler sounds like he's from Brooklyn instead of Austria.
- Poor acting.
- The jokes are really offensive.
- The animation in the intro is bad.
- Repetitive and annoying theme song that just repeats the show's title over and over again (similar to The Nutshack).
- Nonsensical pun title; "Heil" does not mean "Hey" nor "Hi" in German, it actually means "Hail".
- Historical inaccuracy: The show is supposed to be set in 1938-39, but Hitler and Eva did not marry until 1945, which is actually the year Hitler committed suicide, which lead to the end of World War II in Europe, eight days after he shot himself in the head.