Heavy Booking (Tom and Jerry Comedy Show)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heavy Booking is the fourth episode of The Tom and Jerry Comedy Show. It was aired on September 13, 1980.
Why It Sucks
- It's an another 6-minute long Tom's torture episode and a poor man's version of Quiet Please, but without any fun and cleverness which that episode had.
- It has too many ear-grating sound effects in one episode, like annoying baby's crying, Jerry eating celery and orchestra, firemen and fire alarm mixed sounds in one scene. But what did you except from this terrible Tom and Jerry show?
- It has a galore of terribly designed characters, with Fat Librarian, Baby, and Martians as the worst offenders.
- Fat Librarian is an extremely unlikeable character because she not only outright blames and rages at Tom for even the slightest noise, but also cares more about sleeping at a job for beauty, but completely forgets about the baby she has to take care of. Also, she didn't throw a fit when the baby cried loudly, but when Tom just sighed she raged at Tom for this, making her a complete hypocrite. Overall, she's basically Tom's original owner Mammy Two-Shoes done 100% wrong, and comes off more like a female version of the Gene Deitch-era's infamous Fat Owner.
- The baby isn't any better. Her crying is extremely ear-piercing and her design is uncanny. The creators tried too hard to make her cute, but it failed.
- Awful ending: Tom gets kicked by the fat lady to Mars, gets yelled at by Martians and then flips his lips from sanity loss.
- Tons of animation errors. For instance, where Tom's eyes turn from yellow to white.
- The scene where the fire alarm is ringing with a parade and firemen encounter into the library is not only loud and annoying, but also drags out for way too long.
- Lot of animations are reused in this episode, such as the animation of firemen clones and the Fat librarian jumping in rage.
- Jerry is also horribly unlikeable in this episode too. This is because he causes a lot of noise, while Tom was doing his job to stop him from waking up a librarian lady. Worse still, Jerry tormented Tom without any provocation whatsoever and also shows no remorse for his actions, and this is made blatantly obvious to even the most naïve viewer.
- Fat Librarian and Jerry never got punished for their terrible actions.
- Very unfunny jokes throughout this episode.
- Some elements this episode logic doesn't make any sense at all, like a Librarian whining like a baby after taking a bottle and a librarian's chair doesn't trip over the book, but Tom did.
- Tom is still an likeable character.
- Hild the fat Librarian never appears in the future episodes.
- Funny moments here and there such as the Librarian burping after Tom gives her a bottle of milk.
- There are some impressive animations in some scenes, such as Jerry waving and then leaving. the scene where Tom holds the Liberian awhile leaving a streak of fire.