Hair of the Cat (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Hair of the Cat is the fifth episode of Season 5 of The Ren & Stimpy Show, which aired on July 1, 1995.
Ren suffers greatly while unaware he is allergic to Stimpy's shedding. When Ren realizes what is making him sick, Stimpy is isolated to a pickle jar.
Why It Sucks
- Plot hole: How Ren can be allergic to Stimpy if he has been with him his whole life? (including they share a bed too) And also there is no indication of Ren being allergic to Stimpy in the series.
- When Ren finds out that Stimpy's shedding is causing the problem, Ren treats Stimpy like a punching bag, although it isn't intentionally his fault. He even makes Stimpy scared and shed tears because he is allergic to him.
- The visuals with Ren developing hives are completely forced.
- Unlike the other episodes of the show, Ren's anger is not justified here.
- The title card is utterly ugly and disgusting.
- Bad Ending: Ren puts and isolates Stimpy in a pickle jar for him to not be allergic to Stimpy again, although, in the previous and following episodes, Ren is not and has never been allergic to Stimpy's shedding.
- Billy West's voice acting is good as usual.
- The animation is still decent as well.
While not one of the absolute most despised episodes from the franchise, "Hair of the Cat" has received some negative reviews from fans.
- The later episodes ignore the events of this one.