Group Chat is an American unscripted reality comedy sketch television series that airs on Nickelodeon. It is hosted by Jayden Bartels, with Annie LeBlanc co-hosting in season 1 and Brent Rivera co-hosting in season 2. It stars the two hosts joining in with various guest stars to play games and communicate in a virtual group meeting. It first aired on Nickelodeon on May 23, 2020.
Why It Needs to Leave the Chat
- It rehashes large amounts of games and skits from Nick Studio 10, Awesomeness TV, and The After Party, all of which received critical backlash for their similar concepts that this show has.
- Like Unfiltered, it tries extremely hard to be hip and cool with kids, cramming in as many pop culture references as possible.
- Mediocre editing that is about as par as the editing, but better in Polaris: Player Select.
- Similar to Nick Studio 10 but not that much, they wasted food, such as squeezing eggs open over the guest stars' heads after losing a game.
- Most of the games or skits in the show are unfunny or only added for filler.
- Despite being unscripted, the dialogue is boring and sluggish to sit through.
- Gross-out humor, such as spitting gummy bears into a bowl and brushing your teeth with mayonnaise.
- It shows that Nickelodeon is trying to profit off the COVID-19 pandemic by making video chat look hip.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Unlike Nick Studio 10, Group Chat didn't interrupt other Nickelodeon shows with stupid nonsense.
This show received negative reception from fans, with a rating of 3.2/10 on IMDb, making it one of the lowest-rated Nickelodeon shows.