Grandpa's Bad Bug (Rugrats)
Grandpa’s Bad Bug is the first half of the 5th episode from Season 5 of Rugrats.
Grandpa gets out of doing chores by faking a "bad bug", though the Rugrats think he actually ate one. To take care of this, they find some "good bugs" for Grandpa to eat while he sleeps! - Description from Klasky Csupo.
Why It Sucks
- Tommy, Chuckie, Phil and Lil are extremely unlikable in this episode, as they doing something badly to Grandpa Lou.
- This is a torture episode for Grandpa Lou, as the Rugrats try to get the "bad bug" out of him, first by placing food on his face for the bug to eat, only for him to accidentally eat it and choke on it, then the Rugrats thought the "bad bug" in his mouth was his uvula, and so use their toy pliers on it, which caused him pain, and then, the Rugrats put "good bugs" on him while he sleeps, and when he wakes up, it freaks him out enough to tell Stu and Didi the truth.
- Some very painful slapstick comedy moments.
- Grandpa Lou’s face after he came home did not look pretty.
- Bad Ending: The Rugrats puts the good bugs on Grandpa Lou, scaring him away.
- This episode also has lots of gross out humor, mainly with the bugs.
- During the bad ending, the Rugrats... eat up all of the bugs!
- The main focus on getting the "bad bug" out of Grandpa Lou was ridiculous, and honestly quite boring and not fun to watch.
- The Rugrats didn’t realize the truth about what was happening, and the things they did to try to help Grandpa Lou only made it torture for him.
- The animation and voice acting are still good as usual.
- Grandpa Lou is a very lovable, likable protagonist.
- Stu and Didi are also likable, as they warns Grandpa Lou about staying out, and were helping him when they thought he was sick.
- Some funny moments in the episode, like when Grandpa accidentally hit his toe in the dark, and when Phil took a bug away from Lil, telling her not to eat it.
- Some good scenes, like the firefly scene at the beginning, and the scenes where Grandpa Lou is reminded about the warning Stu gave him.
- During the awful ending, the scene where Grandpa Lou finally told Stu and Didi the truth was perfect.
- This episode inspires The Loud House episode, called House Flip, as the Loud kids are very unlikable, doing something badly to Flip.