Go Away, Unicorn!
Go Away, Unicorn! is an American-Canadian animated children's television series produced for YTV and Disney Channel by Sonar Entertainment in association with Nelvana. Evan Thaler Hickey and Alex Ganetakos provide story editing services for the series, with Jason Groh directing. The series premiered in a sneak peek on September 7, 2018 and another on January 21, 2019. The series later premiered on February 8, 2019 on Disney Channel and is available on Disney Now.
The series, based on the book of the same name by Emily Mullock, features a young girl named Alice and her best friend—an energetic unicorn—as they explore their differences and realize that friendships can be found at the unlikeliest of places.
- Horrible voice acting.
- The unicorn’s design does not actually look like a unicorn at all.
- One of the characters is named Pixie. Who would name their kid like that?
- The animation and settings are very choppy.
- Disgusting and unfunny jokes like the scene in the opening where the unicorn spreads his stink breath on Alice’s face.
- Misleading title: The irony of the matter while this show is called Go Away, Unicorn, but Unicorn does not actually go away in this show.
- Alice is the most unlikeable character in this show because she is very bossy by telling Unicorn to go away.
- The plot just feels bland and boring.
- Generic writing.
- Poor pacing, as it can feel very slow at times.
- Lots of torture scenarios and it's incredibly mean-spirited.
- There are some heartwarming moments in the series.
- Decent art style.
- Hugo (Alice’s little brother) is an okay character.
- Passable intro.
- Stays faithful to the book.