Garotos (As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Garotos (lit. Boys) is the 5th episode of the third season of As Aventuras de Gui & Estopa, originally premiered in 2011. The episode shows Gui and Estopa inexplicably transforming into humans.
Why It Sucks
- The episode wastes the interesting concept of Gui and Estopa turning into humans for the sake of advertising creator Mariana Caltabiano's Iguinho website, as it is presented as a story submitted by a fan to the site.
- The episode's script is very weak: Gui and Estopa become human boys while their friends become feral animals and in the end everyone returns to normal without any explanation leaving the characters confused with what happened. The episode also wastes the potential to explore this human version of the characters.
- Plotholes: why only Gui and Estopa become humans while their friends are reduced to feral animals? Why did Gui and Estopa get clothes, while their friends still wear clothes even reduced to feral animals?
- Awful ending: The way everything is explained (to the viewers, not the characters) is terrible: the story was written by a random girl and sent over the internet to the Iguinho website (the website belonging to the creator of the show from which the series was originally created).
- The episode also lies claiming that it was a girl fan of the series who wrote the script for the episode, but the credits show that who actually wrote the script for the episode was Mariana Caltabiano.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- As mentioned above, the idea of an episode showing Gui and Estopa as humans is cool, although it was poorly executed in this episode.