Gaither's Pond is a Christian computer-animated children's series created by Benjy, Bill, and Gloria Gaither and produced by Live Bait Productions.
It is set at Bill and Gloria Gaither's pond. All of the characters include animals and insects that live around ponds named after their voice actors. The fish and their friends learn life lessons throughout the series.
Why It Sucks
- Horrible animation, even for 1997 standards.
- The special effects (e.g the flashy editing and visual effects) are nonsensical and they give off a fever-dream vibe.
- The characters are frightening and poorly-designed which is accompanied by stiff, exaggerated movements and horrific designs meant to resemble their respective voice actors.
- The camera never calms down at times.
- The music numbers are incredibly repetitive and meanders along for too long.
- Most of them usually don't really pertain to the plots of the episode as well.
- Confusing plotlines, like the pond folk wanting to keep out... beavers?
- A lot of unnecessary political jokes and/or predictable jokes (e.g one youth pastor joke in "Fish Tales").
- The infamous "Politics can be cruel can they?" line that was horribly edited to repeat itself once.
- Countless fish/pond puns.
- Lame and forgettable characters.
- There is a useless "crazy" basketball frog character that has nipple clamps in "Fish Tales". Which can discomfort some viewers, notably females. Also, frogs don't have nipples. And if it supposed to be a kid's show, why would a frog have nipple clamps?
- The music and voice acting are both decent.
- Some music numbers can pertain to the plot such as that one song sung by Bullfrog from "Fish Tales" and most of the musical numbers in the "The Legend At Gaithers Pond" episode.
- Some (if minor) funny moments.
- In later episodes, the flower character has actual petals compared to her weird, old omelet-like design.
- The animation in later episodes such as "The Legend At Gaithers Pond" is slightly better, although this is not saying much.
- The salamanders from the "The Legend At Gaithers Pond" episode are the best-looking designs out of the show.
- This was made by the Gaither Vocal Band, a gospel band that got inducted into the Gospel Hall of Fame. They are also the same people behind Dorbees: Making Decisions.