Friday Night Funkin: High School
Friday Night Funkin: High School is a Spanish web series made by YouTuber, Eddochan, in 2021, loosely based on the video game, Friday Night Funkin.
In an alternate universe where FNF characters are high schoolers (mostly), a young Boyfriend tries to navigate life with his girlfriend, GF.
Why It's Not Funkin' Great
- Poor grasp of the source material: Like its previous show, FNFHS has a poor grasp of the original Friday Night Funkin, including a particular lack of supernatural-related material.
- The animation is rather stiff and mostly consists of mouths moving and the only legit animation is small and brief.
- Turning the entire plot of FNF from a thrilling and somewhat romantic plot to a typical high school drama plot is a rather odd choice.
- The show was over-advertised, having technically one episode before being canceled, yet was advertised on Twitter and hyped up with four music videos and an art video.
- Daddy Dearest’s cruelty to BF and GF was rather unnecessary and mostly just used to drive the point he’s a villain.
- Skaithlyn and Pumpkin are pointless comic relief characters and are only on screen for a limited time.
- The rap battle scene was pretty random and mainly there to introduce Senpai and BF's beep problem.
- The music videos introduced a lot of characters and subplots that are never resolved or given more context.
- Senpai is an unlikeable character, being bratty and unnecessarily mean to BF (though this was likely intentional).
- Characters like Pico or Tankman who were put into FNF as a tribute to their separate series are either only in music videos, have brief appearances, or are changed completely (as stated above on WINFG #6).
- False advertisement: The cover of the first episode showed a light green-haired girl taking a selfie, but she only appears in the background.
- The show is a major step up from FNAFHS, since the characters were already teenagers and fit better into a High School environment.
- There are some decent, yet brief, animation segments.
- The voice acting is pretty good.
- The characters (aside from Senpai and Daddy Dearest) are at least decent.
- The songs and rap battles are well sung, catchy, and animated using decent FNF-Style animation.
After the first episode, the show received mixed-to-negative reception, though it was slightly less panned than FNAFHS.
- This was the last series made by Eddochan, as in June 2022, she announced she wasn’t going to be making shows anymore, deciding to go back to gameplays.