Fred: The Show
Fred: The Show (stylized as FЯED: THE SHOW) is a short-lived Nickelodeon sitcom based off of the YouTube series of the same name. It aired from January 16 to August 3, 2012.
Fred Figglehorn is a character that was created by (and played by) teenager Lucas Cruikshank, became a viral sensation on the Internet and eventually was the centrepiece of two made-for-TV movies on Nickelodeon. Now, Fred has his own show on Nick, appropriately titled `Fred: The Show'. Every day is an adventure, both at home and at school, for Fred. As he tries to traverse teenage life, Fred is apt to cause mayhem - it wouldn't be an adventure without mayhem, right? Bertha is Fred's best friend, his trusty sidekick even when it means following him into a bit of a pickle. Not so friendly to Fred is next-door neighbour Kevin, a nemesis who tries to make Fred lose his marbles (which sometimes works). If Fred finds himself in some kind of trouble, chances are it was Kevin who caused it.
Why It Sucks
- Much like The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange, it heavily butchers what made the original YouTuber good. The concept of placing a YouTuber as the star of a television series does not work out in real life when compared to the drawing board.
- The humor in this show isn't funny at all. Instead, the humor in this show is both boring and annoying at the same time.
- The show only offers one punchline: Fred's screaming. This makes the show both repetitive and excruciatingly grating.
- None of the characters from the movies (with the exception of Kevin and Bertha) make an appearance, including Judy.
- Fred is an unlikeable and immature character throughout the whole show.
- Fred's high-pitched voice is incredibly grating and annoying, not helping the fact that he screams all the time.
- Terrible and just plain pathetic plots for many of the episodes.
- Holly wasn't a good love interest for Fred as Judy was. She can also be considered a butt monkey, who is a character that gets abused throughout the entire show for no explained reason.
- The acting is terrible, especially from Lucas Cruikshank as Fred Figglehorn.
- The writing is utterly horrific.
- It uses a lot of cliche teen stereotypes.
- Overuse of toilet and gross-out humor.
- Kevin, Fred's bully, is still unlikeable in the show. His last name is "Dawg", which is a stupid last name. At least it wasn't "Dog"...
Fred: The Show received negative reviewed and is the lowest rated Nickelodeon show on IMDb, with a rating of 1.7/10. Like many of the modern Nickcoms, it is considered to be one of the worst TV shows of all-time. PhantomStrider for example considers it to be the absolute worst show from Nickelodeon, and even worse than Breadwinners. It was so bad that Nickelodeon cancelled it after one season. Lucas Cruikshank would end his career with Nick after Marvin Marvin ended in 2013, which ended with a Big Time Rush crossover.