Freaktown is a Canadian animated television series that was created by Peter Ricq and Philippe Ivanusic-Vallée. It premiered on Teletoon on June 20, 2016 and ended on October 9, 2016. The series was aired on Disney XD in Asia and Cartoon Network in Australia and New Zealand.
An undead skeleton named Ben Bones along with his two best friends named Lenny and Priscilla have to protect Freaktown to make sure Sweetlandia doesn't destroy the place and turn it into a place full of sweets, fluff and fairies.
Why It's Too Freaky To Exist
- It has excessive toilet humor and gross out humor, including the theme song, proven by Lenny farting for a short amount of time.
- The theme song is poorly done and quite disgusting depending on your point of view.
- The voice acting is bland and hammy for some characters from the show, especially Lenny.
- The title card music is mediocre at best.
- There are lots of unfunny jokes and terrible lingo.
- Incredibly cheap flash animation that actually looks worse than other Canadian cartoons like Numb Chucks, Rocket Monkeys and Scaredy Squirrel.
- Most of the characters are either unfunny, unlikable, and dreadful, including Ben Bones and Lenny.
- The action scenes are unpleasantly boring and unenjoyable to watch even less than one minute.
- A few characters such as Wereshark and The Fluffies are bland and dull to the exact point they don't have a clear personality.
- The character designs and the title cards are lazy looking.
- There was an infamous scene where Taylor had to pee proven in the episode "Tinkle Taylor, Soldier Spy."
- In fact, most of the gross out humor can go out too far to the point where it feels like an adult show more than a kids show.
- The premise of ugly designed monsters battling magical fairies and sweets is creative and pretty interesting, though it is executed poorly.
- Some of the characters look creative and expressive depending on your view.
- There are a few good either decent episodes.
The series was met with mixed reviews. It currently holds a 4/10 rating on IMDb.