|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Terrible Shows & Episodes Wiki's quality standards.|
The following reason has been specified: Lots and lots of unsourced claims.
While this is not a good source of news and shouldn't be used as your first-hand account, it is still important to watch this at times. Remember that one should consider all sides of an argument before forming their political opinion, and reading different sources to see/hear what they're saying will help you.
Why It Sucks
- It's the central mouthpiece of conservative propaganda in the United States:
- They keep acting like Joe Biden (or Kamala Harris) is the end of America, yet they also treated Donald Trump like he's the messiah during his presidency (and to a lesser extent, his post-presidency), and makes it out as if you stand in their way, you are the villain.
- During the midterms in 2018, Sean Hannity kept insulting Democrats and used favorable wording to describe Republicans. It is nothing but in-your face, shoving it down your throats.
- Many Republican candidates in any election use it as a branch to promote themselves.
- They are reportedly the largest donors of the Republican Governors Association.
- Some of their hosts like Tucker Carlson support Russia in the invasion of Ukraine, which is basically supporting ethnic cleansing!
- A lot of their news stories are either slander or false news. "Every story that would come out of their mouths are all lies, even the stories that would become true also become lies" is how Family Guy mocked them in the episode "Fox-y Lady." Keep in mind that Family Guy is literally a show that airs on Fox.
- While they occasionally cite The New York Times and AP News, which are considered reputable sources, they often cite other right-wing sites, such as the infamous Breitbart News.
- They won't stop whining/bragging about how the mainstream media is dead because they don't believe in conservative causes. This is insidious, because it tries to brainwash you into believing that they are the purveyors of truth, and that the mainstream media is full of lies and conspiracies. This is hypocritical, because not only do they push these, but they themselves are a part of the mainstream media.
- Toxic workplace environment, which is full of sexual harassment and "frat boy"-like behavior.
- They're one of the most extreme examples of claiming that violent video games cause violence. Whenever a school shooting happens, they will bring on David Grossman, a so-called "war hero," who keeps on making the same worn-out arguments, even denying the fact that video game sales have been going up while crime rates have been going down. Even Fox & Friends blamed video games for the Washington Navy Yard shooting which makes them look like moral guardians.
- They have no qualms altering video and audio clips to fit their agenda:
- In 2009, they modified the 9/11 protests by using footage from a different rally that happened months earlier in an attempt to make it seem like it had a higher turnout. You can easily tell because of the abrupt switch from clear skies to cloudy skies and from autumn leaves to perfectly green leaves. To add insult to injury, in a newspaper advert, they had the headline "How did ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN miss this story?", in which not only did they cover it, but they stole the photo from CNN.
- In 2010, Hannity edited a clip of Obama saying "Under the tax plan passed by the last administration, taxes are scheduled to go up substantially next year, for everybody" to where it sounded like he was for raising taxes, even commenting that it's the most shocking piece of truth to come out of the Democrat's mouth.
- They slowed down a clip of Nancy Pelosi speaking to make it seem like she was drunk during her speech, and it worked, as videos exposing them have comments like "The liberal media sped her up to cover the fact that she was drunk."
- During the protests over the murder of George Floyd, they photoshopped a man wearing a black mask, a green coat, and specs with an AR-15 style weapon onto various images of protests. This was later redacted.
- According to a documentary about the channel, there's a memo dictating how the news is reported. This means that the executives are forcing their ideologies on their reporters.
- They are often racist and xenophobic:
- Brian Kilmeade said that "We keep marrying other species", which shows that he sees non-whites as subhuman.
- Bill O'Reilly lied about the conditions of slaves in the Confederacy by saying that they were well-fed and had decent lodgings.
- When reporting about a bus being shot up in Brazil with American citizens killed as well, he remarked "Just another day in Rrrrio!"
- Several of the anchors in the late 2000s and early 2010s spread Obama birther conspiracies, and reportedly, anchors were told to refer to him as Barrack Hussein, so as to make people think he's related to Saddam Hussein.
- The infamous Watters' World Chinatown segment. Jesse Watters went around in Chinatown, New York to interview Chinese American people that aren't related to the 2016 election such as people supposed to bow to say hello, how watches were stolen, and interviewing elderly people who couldn't speak English by slapping them with Young Frankenstein clip of Madeline Kahn character shouting "Speak! Speak! Why don't you speak?" He was very stereotypical that he does a lot of Asian things that don't belong in Chinese culture like Watters saying "Do you know Karate?" (Japanese), performing a Taekwondo in a dojang (Korean), and a clip of Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid (Japanese-American).
- Tucker Carlson, on both his nightly show and his weekly show, has been explicitly promoting white replacement conspiracy theories, which is speculated to have been a contributing factor to the Tops Friendly Market shooting in Buffalo.
- Speaking of the Buffalo shooting, they actually went as far as to blame gamers for the shooting.
- They are very misogynistic. A person who vandalized this very page said that they weren't because they supported Women for Trump, but notice the latter two words, "For Trump." This shows that they will gladly use an opportunity to disguise more pro-Trump propaganda as correcting themselves.
- They push an annoying double standard. When Obama announced that he was planning on visiting Kim-Jong Un, they slammed him, calling him mindless. But when Trump met with North Korea, they treated it like Jesus was resurrected again because they only care about Republicans.
- They are also disablist as they bullied Greta Thunberg for having Asperger's syndrome. She does rely on emotion for her speeches, but people with Asperger's syndrome can do great things.
- They also got mad at governors apologizing for violating their guidelines, calling them insincere. However, this was very hypocritical, as they apologized for the bottom example in WIS#6 when they got caught.
- Much similar to their liberal counterpart, CNN, they only report political news stories that benefit them and/or have nothing to do with the Republican Party, unless it makes them look good in the public eye.
- They refused to air the January 6th insurrection hearings.
- They cannot take criticism in the slightest, even when it's something that one of their anchors did.
- They cannot handle satirical jokes either, as they criticized the satirical comedy film Faith-Based before it was released. 
- They insulted Fred Rogers by saying he made kids "entitled" by telling them to be what they want to be. This is an example of hypocrisy, as one of the things that they state to push forward in their conservative bias is freedom of speech, this aforementioned statement basically says that we should control the futures of children.
- They (particularly Sean Hannity) continuously make conspiracy theories about the death of a man named Seth Rich despite his grieving parents telling them continuously to stop.
- They have denied the science behind the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Speaking of which, they have played a key effort in the conspiracy that climate change is a hoax, or at least nothing to worry about, when climate change is actually real (mostly real, but to an extent).
- They think because Tucker Carlson's show is the highest-rated news program, that automatically makes him an honest reporter when in reality he is just as biased as all the others.
- One of the main commentators on Hannity, Dan Bongino called liberalism "cancer." This not only shows the fact they do use the term "cancer" appallingly to describe something wrong, and that they did not know the real meaning of the word "cancer." It also shows they will stop any low whatever they want and nothing else.
- Every time the Southern Poverty Law Center designates any organization as a hate group, they ALWAYS throw a fit. If they are that angry, they can just ignore it.
- They claimed that critics slammed Hillbilly Elegy for being the wholesome content we supposedly need for a more conservative, better America. The reason critics said they didn't like it was because they claimed it was a pretentious shell designed to snag up awards.
- They may be one of the reasons why the United States is divided.
- They throw a hissy fit whenever Joe Biden signs an executive order, but they were fine with Trump signing executive orders back when he was President, proving that they're complete hypocrites.
- They once attacked SpongeBob SquarePants over the short The Endless Summer by claiming that it was "liberal propaganda," even though the short was actually teaching children about global warming and the consequences of polluting the Earth.
- Speaking of which, their coverage of the 2021 Texas power crisis, all of it. Not to mention they pinned the blame on renewable sources (i.e. Windmills, despite some also being damaged) and not the fact that not only were Texas' energy plants never winterproofed but that most of the state's power grid is not connected to one of the country's two megagrids which can be used to deliver power between states.
- Greg Gutfeld is very unlikable.
- Whenever they talk about the US-Mexico border crisis, they always play dramatic music, which is very annoying.
- Trish Regan, a Fox News host, once compared Denmark to Venezuela, ignoring the fact that Denmark not only opposes Socialism but also has one of the highest living standards in the world.
- In 2015, an unedited and uncensored ISIS propaganda video showing the burning of a Jordanian pilot by ISIS militants was posted on Fox News' official website.
- They fully reported the tragic death of 5-year old Cannon Hinnant who was murdered by Darius Sessoms, which the majority of the mainstream media didn't do. They even criticized other MSM news outlets for refusing to report the story.
- Greg Gutfeld's Animals are Great segment is okay.
- Tucker Carlson's interviews with Andrew Yang were pretty good.
- Like CNN, the international versions (outside of the United States) are pretty good.
- Shepard Smith Reporting was a great show that was not as biased.
Evidence of Fox News being sexist
Evidence of Fox News being racist
Evidence Fox News has insulted and disrespected Fred Rogers
Evidence that Fox News can brainwash people to become Alt-Right
Evidence that Fox News attacked SpongeBob just for teaching kids about global warming
- "The World Wide Web and the U.S. Political News Market". American Journal of Political Science.
- King, Angela G. (October 7, 1996). "Fox Hunts TV News Niche with Channel Debut Today". Daily News. New York.