Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fox News is a television channel launched on October 7th, 1996 by Rupert Murdoch. Since then, the channel has become the most watched cable channel in the United States.
Why It Sucks
- It's nothing but conservative propaganda. They treat Donald Trump like he's the second coming of Christ and makes it out like if you're a Democrat (or at least oppose Republican causes), you are pure evil. If you need a good example, just look at The Ingraham Angle, Fox & Friends, Tucker Carlson Tonight, Watters’ World, Justice with Judge Jeanine, and Hannity just to name a few. During the midterms in 2018, Sean Hannity kept insulting Democrats and used favorable wording to describe Republicans. Many Fox News hosts will go to rallies and promote Trump's causes.
- All of their news stories are either slander or false news. Every story they would come out of their mouths are all lies, even the stories that would become true also become lies according to Family Guy, which is a show that airs on Fox.
- They won't stop whining/bragging about how the media is dead because they don't believe in conservative causes.
- They're one of the most extreme examples of claiming that violent video games cause violence. Whenever a school shooting happens, they will bring on David Grossman, a so-called "war hero", who keeps on making the same tired arguments, even denying the fact that video game sales have been going up while crime rates have been going down. Even Fox & Friends blamed video games for the Washington Navy Yard shooting which makes them look like moral guardians.
- They have no qualms altering video and audio clips to fit their agenda.
- In 2009, they modified the 9/12 protests by using footage from a different rally that happened months earlier in an attempt to make it seem like it had a higher turnout. You can easily tell because of the abrupt switch from clear skies to cloudy skies and from autumn leaves to perfectly green leaves. To add insult to injury, in a newspaper advert, they had the headline "How did ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN miss this story?", which not only did they cover it, but they stole the photo from CNN.
- In 2010, Hannity edited a clip of Obama saying "Under the tax plan passed by the last administration, taxes are scheduled to go up substantially next year, for everybody" to where it sounded like he was for raising taxes, even commenting that it's the most shocking piece of truth to come out of the Democrat's mouth.
- They slowed down a clip of Nancy Pelosi speaking to make it seem like she was drunk during her speech, and it worked, as videos exposing them have comments like "The liberal media sped her up to cover the fact that she was drunk".
- Not even politicians are willing to debate with them because of how biased they are.
- According to a documentary about the channel, there's a memo dictating how the news is reported. This means that the executives are forcing their ideologies on their reporters. So much for being fair and balanced!
- They are very racist.
- Brian Kilmeade said that "We keep marrying other species", which shows that they are white supremacists.
- When going over Halloween costumes in October 2017, they showed off a Hispanic boy, who in many people's eyes resembled an African American, wearing a watermelon costume. The reason why this is racist is that watermelons have been used as an African American stereotype for over 150 years, where they were portrayed as so simple minded that it's all they need to be happy.
- Bill O'Reilly lied about the conditions of slaves in the Confederacy by saying that they were well fed and had decent lodgings.
- When reporting about a bus being shot up in Brazil with American citizens killed as well, he remarked "Just another day in Rrrrio!"
- The infamous Watters' World Chinatown segment. Jesse Watters went around in Chinatown, New York to interview Asian people that aren't related to the 2016 election such as are you supposed to bow to say hello, how watches were stolen, and interviewing elderly people who couldn't speak English by slapping them with Young Frankenstein clip of Madeline Kahn character shouting "Speak! Speak! Why don't you speak?!", he was very stereotypical that he does a lot of Asian things that aren't belong in Chinese culture like Watters saying "Do you know Karate?" (Japanese), performing a Taekwondo in a dojang (Korean), and a clip of Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid (Japanese-American).
- They push an annoying double standard. When Obama announced that he was planning on visiting Kim-Jong Un, they slammed him, calling him mindless. But when Trump met with North Korea, they treated it like Jesus was resurrected again because they only care about Republicans. Proof.
- They are also very misogynistic. A person who vandalized this very page said that they weren't because they supported Women for Trump, but notice the latter two words, "For Trump". This shows that they will gladly use an opportunity to disguise more pro-Trump propaganda as correcting themselves.
- Much similar to their liberal counterpart, CNN, they only report political news stories that benefit them and/or have nothing to do with the Republican Party, unless it makes them look good in the public eye.
- Many Republican candidates in any election use it as a branch to promote themselves.
- To further the belief that a Republican party is a flawless group of people who will save the nation, they have been known to mislabel Republicans who garner controversy as Democrats.
- They insulted Fred Rogers by saying he made kids "entitled" by telling them to be what they want to be. This is an example of hypocrisy, as one of the things that they state to push forward in their conservative bias is freedom of speech, this aforementioned statement basically says that we should control the futures of future generations.
- They (particularly Sean Hannity) continuously make conspiracy theories about the death of a man named Seth Rich despite his grieving parents telling them continuously to stop.
- They bullied Greta Thunberg for having Asperger's syndrome.
- They can not take criticism in the slightest, even when it's something that one of their anchors did.
- In 2007, somebody from Fox News vandalized Shepard Smith's Wikipedia page to remove mention of an arrest & it stuck. It was vandalized and it reads: "He is A BIG GAY FUCK AFTER BEING BUMMED BY A-ROD" before it was reverted by a Wikipedian user Stupid2.
- It was discovered that Michael Cohen, Trump's lawyer, was also one of Hannity's clients, to which he quickly denied it to be so. Then it was discovered that they had another shared lawyer, being Jay Sekulow. He sent a cease and desist letter to KFAQ on Hannity's behalf.
- They ran what was essentially a smear campaign against the film Outfoxed, trying to claim copyright infringement & Megan Lehmann wrote in the New York Post (owned by News Corporation, who owned Fox News at the time) that it was a "narrowly focused, unapologetically partisan documentary" & that it's "so one-sided, it undermines it's own legitimacy".
- In an interview with Liz Peek about the COVID 19 outbreak of 2020, he claimed that Democrats want it to come and kill Americans in the hopes of getting Trump out of office. Not even CNN would go out of their way to demonize Republicans like that.
- Just to add salt to an open wound, they claimed that Obama was trying to spread Ebola during his presidency.
- They think because Tucker Carlson’s show is the highest rated news program, that automatically makes him an honest reporter when in reality he’s just as biased as all the others.
- One of the main speakers on Hannity, Dan Bongino called Liberalism a “CANCER”. This shows they are going too far.
- They don't follow the Donald Trump hate bandwagon (unlike what many other news companies do, but in a bad way).
- They also fired Bill O'Reilly upon sexual assault allegations.
- Shepard Smith is at least challenging the ideals of Fox. Thankfully, on October 11, he announced that he would be leaving the network, thus ending "Shepard Smith Reporting".
- When Fox News accidentally showed a suicide on-air during a high-speed chase in Arizona, Shepard Smith shouted "GET OFF IT!", and immediately issued an apology on behalf of the entire network after returning from break. This shows that, while Fox News is willing to stoop to pretty much every low, even they won't purposely air a live suicide, even for ratings.
Fox News being sexist
Fox News being racist