Fleabag Monkeyface is a British animated TV show, based on the popular book series The Disgusting Adventures of Fleabag Monkeyface, written by Knife and Packer, and aired on the children's channel CITV. It is aimed at children between the ages 6-10, and follows the gross-out adventures of the eponymous hero and his two creators, Gene and Gerald.
Why It Sucks
- The show fails at gross-out humor. The things they try to make disgusting and gross don't look like they are, because it's animated in 3D.
- The writing is laughable, as a character will always state what's on the screen as if the viewer is dumb, and a character could talk about an event that hasn't even took enough place yet.
- The character designs are expressionless and somewhat disturbing, especially Fleabag Monkeyface's (he looks more hideous than the original character design).
- Dirk, the main villain of the show, has a lot of references to penises (in a show meant for kids), since he has a head in the shape of a phallus, his name is one letter off and dresses up in a cock (another word for chicken) suit that looks similar to a BDSM latex costume.
- Horrid animation, especially for 2011, that could give Fanboy & Chum Chum's animation a run for its money.
- It's not very faithful to the original books.
- Dirk's motive for becoming a villain is incredibly petty and stupid: because his TV show got cancelled. Ironically, this show got cancelled in not even half a year.
- Mediocre and just plain bad voice-acting.
- Fleabag's voice sounds like Jar Jar Binks (from Star Wars) on helium.
- Gene and Gerald are incredibly bland, are practically the exact same character, and have no individual personalities.
- The animated series rips-off Captain Underpants due to Gene and Gerald's designs looking extremely similar to that of George Beard (More specifically his younger counterpart) and Harold Hutchins, respectively. To add more proof to this, both series revolve around the creators having misadventures with whatever it is they created and both use potty/gross-out humor, though while Fleabag Monkeyface fails at it, Captain Underpants does it in a tasteful manner and even tends to parody itself.
- Good soundtracks.
- Some of the episode plots are okay.
- Some passable voice acting.
Fleabag Monkeyface has a 2.0/10 on IMDb.