Fix & Foxi and Friends
Fix & Foxi and Friends is an animated adaption of Rolf Kauka's comic series Fix and Foxi. In February 2000, Fix and Foxi first aired in Germany. 52 episodes were produced. Each episode consists of four segments, three of which stars the title characters and one or more of their friends and the last segment stars a family of anthropomorphic dogs called the Peppercorn Family. In addition, small snippets starring Makiki appear in between segments.
- It barely stays true to the source material.
- Just like The Wacky World of Tex Avery, it never shuts up due to the show using a lot of noises and sounds almost every 5 seconds, which just gets on your nerves.
- A lot of the characters are flanderized than they were from the original comics, Lupo is now a lazy bum who has a love for cake, and Uncle Fax is now much more of an idiot.
- Mediocre dialogue and voice acting.
- The music is very obnoxious and insufferable, especially in the opening.
- On the episode "What Cheek" when Uncle Fax is going to have his rotten tooth removed, a worm pops out of his rotten tooth.
- While the animation isn’t terrible, it can be pretty off at times.
- Sometimes, due to all of the noises and sounds, it’s hard to hear what most of the characters are saying.
- The lip-syncing in the English dub is quite possibly the worst offender of lip-syncing in a dub ever.
- The animation isn’t too bad, at least for D'Ocon Films standards.
- The show is still passable at best for what it is.
- The character designs are good.
- Phantomstrider put this show at #2 on his top 5 worst German cartoons video.