Fart Baby (Sanjay & Craig)
"Fart Baby" is an episode of the Nickelodeon show Sanjay and Craig, it is the 21st episode of the 1st season, and it is also shown to be a highly controversial episode by many viewers for its qualities. It premiered on Nickelodeon on November 2, 2013.
After Sanjay and Craig go to the Frycade and order wings from Belle, they suddenly have a fart contest. However, Sanjay was having a hard time trying to fart when he ate a whole plate of wings that things get pretty disturbing when Sanjay finds out that he is pregnant on a fart!
Why It's Nothing But(t) Farts
- The premise of this episode is completely nonsensical, immature, and disgusting. It’s nothing more than just 11 whole minutes of toilet humor, except it’s gone WAY too far - fart jokes are overused throughout the entire episode.
- This is the "Stimpy's Pregnant" version of Sanjay and Craig. And that episode itself was already terrible enough.
- How can Sanjay get pregnant on a fart just from eating too many wings? We know that this is a cartoon, but that doesn't excuse the fact that there is no clear logic explained anywhere in this episode.
- It also doesn't help that Sanjay is 12 years old, making this episode even creepier.
- Sanjay and Craig even named the fart, such as Corky or Tabitha, which sounds beyond weird.
- Plot hole: Why would Sanjay and Craig even challenge each other to a contest so stupid as a farting contest? Wouldn't they stink up the Frycade if they have done that?
- The fact that Sanjay and Craig ate some wings and had a farting contest, that might encourage some viewers to do the same with their food which is a bad manner for people, especially children.
- In the scene when the Fart Baby was ready to come out, Craig tries to keep it from coming out by actually taping Sanjay’s buttocks with duct tape. Yes, really. Not to mention, holding down farts is already unhealthy enough to begin with, as it causes pain and discomfort, as well as even heartburn and indigestion, and this episode literally encourages it!
- Speaking of which, this episode is just filled with jokes about pregnancy where farts are treated as actual pregnancies, which can be offensive to women who are or plan on getting pregnant.
- Weird and gross title card. Speaking of the title card, its sequence is incredibly annoying as you hear non-stop farting throughout its short length.
- As if it wasn't enough, it is also misleading. The reason why is because the Fart Baby looks like an actual baby. But in the actual episode, it just looks like a fart bubble.
- Disturbing ending: When the Fart Baby floats over to Leslie Noodman, Noodman pops the fart baby, causing it to explode and nearly destroy the neighborhood. To make matters worse, we can even get a glimpse of Noodman’s teeth rotting and falling out from the explosion.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Decent animation, as usual, thanks to Tom Yasumi, who also did the animation for SpongeBob SquarePants.
Like most controversial episodes, this episode was universally panned, mainly for its plot about Sanjay becoming pregnant on a huge fart. It currently sits at a 3.5/10 on IMDb. Making it one of the lowest rated episodes of the series.