Farm Pit (The Fairly OddParents)
"Farm Pit" is the thirty-sixth episode in the seventh season of The Fairly OddParents.
Mr. Turner is tired of being stuck in the driveway all day, so he quits his job and tries to start up a farm instead. Unfortunately, he has no luck at growing anything, so Timmy wishes his father's crops would grow huge. They put Super Seeds on the ground, which grow bigger into plants. But now Timmy has to do all the work and his dad has so much success that he wants his family to stay on the farm forever!
Why It's Pitiful
- The scene where Timmy jumps into the tornado after saying that "he'll rip the flesh off his bones and put him out of his misery" may be very disturbing to some, as it can be interpreted as a suicide joke.
- The subplot with Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof is confusing and pointless. Cosmo idiotically thinks that Cleveland is a magical Oz-like land called Cleve. He even grave robs.
- Plus, Cosmo and Wanda were able to poof up things without needing wands. It was revealed at the end that Cosmo kept wands in his pocket, but why didn't Wanda question it then?
- Mr. Turner is at his absolute worst in this episode. For starters, he idiotically thinks Timmy is a scarecrow and the actual scarecrow is Timmy, and he forces Timmy to do all the work while he practically does nothing. And when Timmy jumps into the tornado to find Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof, Mr. Turner is more concerned about forcing him to do more of the work rather than the safety of his son. Mrs. Turner on the other hand just lets this all happen without second thought.
- The Super Seeds is a horrible plot point. The concept of magic that makes crops keep growing sounds interesting on paper. But thanks to the mean-spirit nature of the episode, it keeps making Timmy more and more miserable. To make matters worse, Wanda keeps informing that fairies cannot stop super seeds from growing, which makes Timmy stuck in the situation he was in and makes Wanda sound like she purposely doesn't want to help her godchild.
- The humor is nonexistent, with the running gag of cows falling on Timmy.
- Nonsensical ending.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The beginning is pretty funny.