Fancy Schmancy (The Fairly OddParents)
”Fancy Schmancy” is the 37th and final episode in Season 10 of The Fairly OddParents, as well as the final episode of the entire series, as well as the final episode of the original series in general before the reboot, The Fairly OddParents: Fairly Odder.
Despite not being the final episode aired, it was the final episode produced.
Timmy's dad and Chloe's parents do not allow their children to celebrate their "friendiversary" together due to social differences. Timmy and Chloe work together to see each other.
Why It's Not Fancy
- The premise is very generic and it makes no sense. Mr. Turner and Chloe’s parents now all of a sudden have social differences, so for this reason, they end up hating each other and not wanting their children to hang out with one another anymore. So, Timmy and Chloe work together to see each other.
- Mr. Turner is very rude to Chloe, especially considering that she was the reason why he and his wife are rich, according to this season’s premiere episode, “The Big Fairy Share Scare”, at least.
- Unfunny and boring running gag jokes like usual, especially Mr. Turner misnaming Chloe and Chloe’s parents' misnaming Timmy.
- The elderly woman with cats is only in this episode for filler and to make running gag jokes.
- Cosmo and Wanda serve nothing to the episode.
- Lazy climax and a predictable happy ending where Timmy and Chloe have the aforementioned elderly women take over the Turners’ rich house, kicks them out, and now the Turners and the Carmichaels have to let their children hang out together.
- Mr. Turner’s infamous line “Parents don’t learn from their mistakes”, is false.
- The pointless and unfunny scene with Crocker’s furniture being upside down and he falls to the floor.
- The plot feels too simple like all of the previous flash animated episodes of the show, even too simple enough to not even be considered a final episode of a series that deteriorated this bad after a 16-year long run, as it was not even meant to be the final episode of the show.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The voice acting is still decent.